Thread: what kind of small game hunting can i find in the winter

Default what kind of small game hunting can i find in the winter

Ever scent's i moved to Alaska i have only been moose hunting in the flats off the old glen. i am looking to do some small game hunting when i come home from Iraq this winter with my son. i am hoping to get him out for rabbits but do not no the regulations and ares to go to scent's i do not have the convenience of going into sportsman or talking to friends on where to go. not looking for people's personal spots just ares. my son is looking to use his new 410 i got him for his birthday this year. it will also be his first real hunt other thin walk along. thanks for the help.

..............................keep safe out their happy hunting...............

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...dfs/smgame.pdf

Here is a link to the small game regs online. Wild animals don't read books and could be anywhere out there trying to eek out a living. Find any public land or ask to get on private and see what moves. I'm sure you can get a copy of the whole regs when you return as well and by then you might be able to follow some threads from here on general areas that might be producing critters.

Best of luck, thanks for your service.
    Go Big Red!

As PG13 suggests, check the information F^G has on line or better yet, go in and speak with them at your local office. THere is so much small game hunting available to Alaska hunters in the winter it practically ridiculous. Search this forum, there is a miriad of information on the subject.

thanks for the information looking forward to going home. the regs are going to help a lot. have you guys ever heard or been out in the butt area (jm creek)