Thread: Any 2011 Big Boss owners - Answers?

Default Any 2011 Big Boss owners - Answers?

I have a 2011 Big Boss 6x6 and boy is it hard to shift. Esp into Park and Low but at times into any gear. Other times is shifts easy. Went back to the dealer once at 50 miles and was told, after they took it for a test drive, that it was "normal" for the 2011's as Polaris changed the shifter. Anyone know the truth????? My buddy's 2010 shifts smooth like my 08 SP 500. I now have 200 miles (I'm going to check the "A" arm bolts today) and the factory warrante runs out in Nov. Is yours hard to shift into and out of gears, esp Park and Low?

Thanks.

Yes it is. I am going to see them about it before the warranty expires and I will probably call Polaris too. I don't have much faith in the knowledge or experience of my local Polaris dealer. Also, I was going to log onto anothe forum and ask about this issue. Bummer!

Is it hard to shift when the motor is shut off? If it shifts easy with the motor off, are your RPMs good at idle (around 1200)? Often times the clutch needs to be aligned, sometimes the motor mounts have broken and the belt is trapped. Mine got very hard to shift, I took it in, they adjusted the belt alignment/clutch shims and then it was good.

Another thing to think about is don't hold the brake unless absolutly nessacary. That can also make it hard to shift in certain instances.

Mine was the same way. Dealer couldn't see nothing wrong when they took it apart. Put it back together and it started shifting easy, as it should.

[QUOTE=BTK;1006642] Mine got very hard to shift, I took it in, they adjusted the belt alignment/clutch shims and then it was good.[/

This is exactly that the Mechanic did to ours and it good now.