Thread: Haines?

Default Haines?

Anyone live in Haines? How is the hunting and fishing there. Looks like the rest of the Alaskan hunters are far enough away to give you the place by yourself.

I lived there for seven years and its a great place for mostly bear and fishing. Lots of verbal fighting between the two major groups there.Some great old school guides live there.The view there is probably the best in Alaska but all said a done I now live in Wrangell.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks Will,

Have a couple years left, I lived in Sitka and Barrow for a while. I am in Australia until the last of my 20 years in the Navy is up. 27 months and I am a full time Alaskan again. Have no idea where. I keep thinking Copper Center area, but it really depends on jobs. I only know it won't be Anchorage or Mat-Su. Sitka was awesome, it would be a hell of a lot better if it was on the inside of the fjords instead of the outside. Makes little boat stuff pretty spooky.

Yep,I have a 9' Zodiac and 3 1/2hp.Slow but I feel safe most of the time.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you