Thread: Leupold repair

Default Leupold repair

I bought a VariXlll from a guy off the forum for a good price last year. Finally decided to mount it on a rifle only to find out it wouldn't adjust horizontally. Off to Leupold with the scope - First time I had to send anything to them for warranty - Will see if they live up to the good reputation on warranty work. I certainly don't anticipate any problems and the communication with them so far has been great.

I sent two off too them awhile back... Great service... Side note one of them I sent back was made prior to 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    I bought a VariXlll from a guy off the forum for a good price last year. Finally decided to mount it on a rifle only to find out it wouldn't adjust horizontally. Off to Leupold with the scope - First time I had to send anything to them for warranty - Will see if they live up to the good reputation on warranty work. I certainly don't anticipate any problems and the communication with them so far has been great.
    Did the guy off the forum disclose this to you?

I bought a rifle from a guy off the forum and the firing pin had no return spring. When I cycled the gun, it bound up so bad I couldn't figure out what was going on. Upon inspection of that first round, the firing pin had scraped accross the case head and primer with a very deep gouge! I had a hard time calming down, I had visions of biting flesh off the guy's face as I realized how dangerous this gun was and that I got screwed. I could feel the blood pumping through my neck.

You won't have any problem with Leupold. Just sent one back for my brother in law and his was on a muzzleloader that wouldn't shoot right. They found a problem with the adjustment and fixed it. No reports yet but time and shipping was pretty fast. And that is the beauty of their scopes bought new or used.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Did the guy off the forum disclose this to you?

I bought a rifle from a guy off the forum and the firing pin had no return spring. When I cycled the gun, it bound up so bad I couldn't figure out what was going on. Upon inspection of that first round, the firing pin had scraped accross the case head and primer with a very deep gouge! I had a hard time calming down, I had visions of biting flesh off the guy's face as I realized how dangerous this gun was and that I got screwed. I could feel the blood pumping through my neck.
    No it was not disclosed if he did know. I didn't need it at the time but bought it because it was a great price for a good model scope and knew I would use it on something later. 1 1/2 years later I pull it off the parts shelf and mount it on a new rifle. Fortunately I shouldn't be out much more than the shipping charges.

Allways had great service from them been my go to scope for the last 35 yr`s ,and still have a 4 power 35 yr`s
    old on the 7 mag

I have had several dealing with Leupold - they have always went way above and beyond to please - you should be very happy...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

dropped a pair of leupold binos a couple years ago and bent the eyepiece.emailed them and they said send them in.got a email reply about a week later that my NEW binos were on the way.cant beat service like that especially when it was my own fault and not in anyway a product default.they've got my business for life.