Thread: 1 Week Trip to Anchorage (Sept 18-23)- Fishing Suggestions?

Default 1 Week Trip to Anchorage (Sept 18-23)- Fishing Suggestions?

I will be headed to Anchorage for work for one week between September 18th and the 23rd. I was up there for a few months back in 2009 and got to enjoy all the great fishing. I am wondering if anybody could suggest where and what i could fish for this trip? I likely wont be able to fish much- just a few hours in the evening between work and dark. I plan on bring a spinning rod that breaks down for travel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lots of views but no suggestions. im not asking for your secret spot or anything like that i just want to know if anything is still biting, should i be fishing ponds or lakes or creeks, or is the fishing pretty much done until next spring there? thanks.

rainbows and dollies will still be present in chester and campbell creeks in anchorage..flies and spinners will get you something.....sand lake and beer can (campbell point) lakes in sw anchorage should also be pretty good for rainbows and char and grayling, single eggs/ crawlers under a bobber or spinners/spoons....wont be any more salmon unless you get down to the kenai river (silvers) good luck

Release Lake Trout

Thanks! I hit up the campbell park lakes a lot last time i was there. probably will do the same this time since i am familiar with them.

no problem.......

so wheres my rep point

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    no problem.......

so wheres my rep point
    not sure what that is?

that little "star" in the lower left hand corner....its reputation.... just click on it and say you approve of the post....thanks!

<<<<<<<see its right there

Release Lake Trout