View Poll Results: Do you wear Eye Pro when Reloading or Shooting?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reloading-- YES

27 57.45%
  • Reloading-- NO

13 27.66%
  • Shooting-- YES

45 95.74%
  • Shooting-- NO

2 4.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do you wear Eye Pro when reloading or shooting?

Default Do you wear Eye Pro when reloading or shooting?

this is my first poll so lets hope i get it right...
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    this is my first poll so lets hope i get it right...
    HEYYYY... I got it right, sweeet.

(real tough to get this one right huh, LOL)

I saw a few posts that made me think that people dont wear eye pro when doing these 2 inherently eye "popping" things.
    Josh

What is eye pro?

Ok, I'm a little slow. Since it was capitalized, I thought you meant some commercial brand name thing. Eye protection. Yes to all. I can't afford an eye injury.

I voted yes to shooting [come on you're holding 50,000 psi next to your face-at lest you HOPE it's only 50] no to reloading but with a desclaimer-yes while priming. I would truely hate to have a primer anvil in my eye.

I wear eye protection when I am at the range but do not when reloading. It is something I should start doing but never had put any thought into it. I can see the risk when priming as posted before.

How many wear eye protection when hunting though? For me it depends if I am wearing sun glasses or not I guess. If I am hunting then my load has been tested and is shooting correctly so it drops my guard on thinking the gun may blow up in my face while in the field, and I am not worried about ricochet.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post

How many wear eye protection when hunting though? For me it depends if I am wearing sun glasses or not I guess. If I am hunting then my load has been tested and is shooting correctly so it drops my guard on thinking the gun may blow up in my face while in the field, and I am not worried about ricochet.
    I'm guilty too but I did had a carbon arrow shatter a few years back during a deer hunt when I took a shot at a fox....it splintered and flew back in my face after it hit the bow limb but did no eye damage. Have heard of two burst barrels last season due to mud in the barrel while duck/goose hunting and I had one case failure in a G20 awhile back so it do happen!! I have pair of yellow len shooting glasses that I use at dusk and dawn if I remember to bring them. They sometimes make things sharper when hunting in poor light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I'm guilty too but I did had a carbon arrow shatter a few years back during a deer hunt when I took a shot at a fox....it splintered and flew back in my face after it hit the bow limb but did no eye damage. Have heard of two burst barrels last season due to mud in the barrel while duck/goose hunting and I had one case failure in a G20 awhile back so it do happen!! I have pair of yellow len shooting glasses that I use at dusk and dawn if I remember to bring them. They sometimes make things sharper when hunting in poor light.
    while out hunting, gun or bow, if im not wearing my sunglasses i will have on a set of yellow tinted glasses, to me they do seem to make things a bit clearer and sharper. Maybe its from wearing glasses for 20 years then taking them off after Lasik... i just feel "naked" with out some form of protection over my eyes. I dont know how often a twig or branch (or a rock from a 4 wheeler in front of me) had hit my glasses... i honestly think i would be blind right now if i never wore glasses as a teenager and through my 20's.
    while reloading, primer pops and just a general healthy respect for Murphy... i wear them about 80% of the time.
    I'll admit that i did not wear any eye pro for this-- I got a couple hundred rounds of 6.5 grendel (wolf) for my TC and the bullet they used had the ogive too far forward to fit into my barrel so i ran them through the die to get them seated right for my barrel, i think it was only about .02 or so off. The action would close on them but it was too tight for my comfort zone.
    Josh

Not in the poll, but I wear eye pro when reloading, shooting; and like Josh, I usually wear Yellow shooting glasses when hunting.

I wear eye protection for all stages of reloading, shooting, and hunting. I also wear them while fishing. My eyes are just too hard to replace.

Chris

One more close call....a couple weeks ago I was riding my Harley at about 80 mph or so across the high plains of Montana...when a huge bug...maybe a grasshopper....went right over the top of my windshield and hit my right lens of my sun glasses and splatered all over my face....what a mess!!! I had to stop and clean up with iced tea since I was out of water at the time. I would surely have lost that eye without the Ray Ban Aviators!!!!

I wear reading glasses while reloading, since I can't read the numbers on my reloading scale without them. Wear prescription glasses while shooting...

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall/Ak View Post
    I wear reading glasses while reloading, since I can't read the numbers on my reloading scale without them. Wear prescription glasses while shooting...

Marshall/Ak
    Try the no-line bifocal lenses, the things are great! The transition zone lets me adjust so I can see in mid ranges like reading the scale or working on my laptop by tipping my head a tad.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Try the no-line bifocal lenses, the things are great! The transition zone lets me adjust so I can see in mid ranges like reading the scale or working on my laptop by tipping my head a tad.
    Yup. And they work great for sharpening the image of handgun sights to.

Anyways...... Eye protection on the range when shooting if I'm wearing contacts and not prescription glasses. Prescription glasses usually when I'm reloading.
    Now what ?

When priming cases mainly. And when shooting at the bench reloads or factory ammo. At clays or skeet/trap.

I do not wear glasses so I do not hunt with glasses except sun glasses.

I wear eyepro when priming most of the time and when hunting if I am wearing my sunglasses and most of the time when I am at ranges. Need to get better about wearing eye protection all the time too many close calls on my part.