Thread: Critter Getters

Default Critter Getters

Was going to put this in the globial section but these things hav a dual purpose.

I bought a couple of these things a few years ago and never really used them. Today a guy walked up to the house and I would'nt have even seen him if it was'nt for my dog, so I thought with all that is going on in Delta I'd break out the CRITTER GETTERS, My poor dog can't get off the porch with out one of them going off, good thing he sleeps inside or else I would'nt get no sleep.

The guy said he needed a little bit of gas for his wheeler, gave him some and he was on his way. ( never seen the guy before) These things give a rude awaking to any unsupecting critter 2-legged, or 4-legged that comes within 60'.

The reason I posted here is that they work well for hunting also.

Hey RS was it down by the Moose lodge? I saw a guy walking away from a wheeler on the side of Jack Warren road yesterday afternoon. So what are critter getters anyway?
    Steve

RS is this what you are talking about? It gave me a really good idea to apply towards my chicken coop!

http://crittergittersensor.com/
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Huntress, those be the ones, might work good for the chickens.

Steve, yea I'm about half mile from the moose, seems like he could've gotten gas a little closer to his rig if it was him.

Huntress has the website for the critter getters.

clean your mail box out huntress, lol.

Man this is the third time I am typing this, lol, first inbox is full, secound was time expired on the last post to edit, so here is a short verizon. lol

Huntress, I don't know how these things will effect your chickens. They have two settings , half volume and full blast. They are not as loud if you are behind them but I don't know what a chicken hears.

They have a 90 degree pickup area so if you want a 360 degree pickup you would need 4 of them.

If they don't work for the chickens they work great for a downed moose. ( better than a elec fence ) However even a bird flying by a squirll or anything with body heat will set them off.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about that! Heck I didn't even know it was full. LOL!

Anyhow, it might be worth trying! I'll see how it goes...I could use one in the driveway too for the neighbor dog that pees on our stuff
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Huntress,
    Wouldn't that be kind of counter productive to stop a dog from "Peeing on your stuff" I would think that it would literally "scare the pee out of him! LOL

(grin)....good point! Just a little counter productive eh?