Thread: Road/highway hunting

Default Road/highway hunting

I believe we need to stop titling our threads with the name of some road or highway to somewhere as it just yells road hunting. I would think something like Caribou north of the Yukon river as a title would cause a anti less pause than Haul Road Bou.I know most drive a road to go hunting but why give foduer or even a second glance to those that don't understand this or maybe even officers that do. So many of our threads title say lasy beer drinking redneck road hunting.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I believe we need to stop titling our threads with the name of some road or highway to somewhere as it just yells road hunting. I would think something like Caribou north of the Yukon river as a title would cause a anti less pause than Haul Road Bou.I know most drive a road to go hunting but why give foduer or even a second glance to those that don't understand this or maybe even officers that do. So many of our threads title say lasy beer drinking redneck road hunting.
    Caribou north of the Yukon equals half the state. People use these forums to gather info, and making it harder to do that while pretending the antis can't figure out "the code" is nonsense. If we change, they win!

I can tell
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Now that is a heckova statement....... me to

I think only people over 50 should be able to road hunt,

I hope more and more people start road hunting. Its nice to take a short walk off the highway and have it all to yourself.

As far as the perception of road hunting via thread titles goes...we are a huge, yet access poor state and those few roads tend to be major defining features of those road accessible GMUs. "Haul road" or "Dalton" threads are readily identifiable as related to that area, same thing for the Denali Highway. This is especially true for newcomers who may not be familiar with references to places along those roads. Of course, there is in fact, lots of actual road hunting going on in these places.

It's come up before but I vote for species and possibly area specific subforums under the hunting forum.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today