Thread: DM 830... start the 24 hour countdown...

Default DM 830... start the 24 hour countdown...

Well,
    After drawing our party tags in the beginning of the year, we are 24 hours away from starting this great adventure. After countless stories and tips from fellow forum members I think we are as ready as we can be. Thanks to all that assisted in getting this ready. Tremendous help, so thanks again. Particular thanks to Snowwolfe, stid2677, and sweepint. Look forward to connecting on the water if our paths cross, and if not, good luck and be safe.

I will be monitoring ch 16 and go by "Raven II". If you see a 24' Sea Ark stuck, maybe you can lend a hand, and I will offer the same. Good luck to all forum members and I hope to have great stories to tell and share on our return....
    Tony

You are heading out tomorrow? What day are you planning on starting down river? How far are you planning on going up the Koyukuk? We are planning on leaving after my son gets out of school on Tuesday the 13th. After a day in Fairbanks we should be on the river Thursday maybe Wednesday evening. I drew the 830 tag last year and what a hunt it was. My call sign is "Valley Trash". I will be in my 24' ATEC Hydro Lite, grey top and a Suzuki outboard. and I will be traveling with a couple other boats. We should be up close to the Dulbi, but who know exactly where we will end up.

Good luck to you and maybe we will see each other.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by tzieli22 View Post
    Well,
    After drawing our party tags in the beginning of the year, we are 24 hours away from starting this great adventure. After countless stories and tips from fellow forum members I think we are as ready as we can be. Thanks to all that assisted in getting this ready. Tremendous help, so thanks again. Particular thanks to Snowwolfe, stid2677, and sweepint. Look forward to connecting on the water if our paths cross, and if not, good luck and be safe.

I will be monitoring ch 16 and go by "Raven II". If you see a 24' Sea Ark stuck, maybe you can lend a hand, and I will offer the same. Good luck to all forum members and I hope to have great stories to tell and share on our return....

We should launch on the 15th or 16th. Only one boat (white Thunderjet) with just son and myself. Not sure where we will end up as this is our first year doing this ourself and we might stop along the way to hunt as well. The Dulbi is a possibility. After we get past the check station we will see where the gas tanks take us. No permits for either of us. Taking a 8 foot Zodiac and will be putting around in that once we make camp.

We will turn on the radio if we see another boat but this motor is LOUD and we might miss your call.
    Good luck guys.
    Tennessee

Sounds good Randy. Hope to catch up with you between 3-day to Dulbi, (I have 3 in my party). I'll try to make sure the coffee is hot.
    Tony

Man you guys are lucky! One day when I can get a boat I want to do this hunt... Good luck and be safe look forward to the stories.

Only did the trip 2 times. What a hoot! One thing I did learn, the hard way as always. Bring chains for your truck. We hit snow on the river both times and about lost the truck and boat in the ditch about 30 miles from the lodge due to snow and ice on the road. Sliding back wards on that haul road at night with a 26' boat tugging on you is a memorable experience.