Thread: Anyone mind taking out a newcomer in the Matsu area?

Default Anyone mind taking out a newcomer in the Matsu area?

Hi everyone,
    Got stationed here last winter and I am new to duck hunting... hunting in general. Did a ptarmigan hunt last weekend up past Petersville (awesome time) but I would really like to duck hunt. I live in Palmer and I know I am right in between Rabbit Slough and the Maud Rd lake system. However, I also know I have no idea what I'm doing. I only have my gun/ammo and a couple of calls (still practicing).
    If anyone is heading out in this area and wouldn't mind some company, it would be awesome to learn the area and tricks of the trade from someone experienced. I want to take my son out, but I want to know what I'm doing first.

Thanks!
    Jay

Default You'll find results here

I only hunt big game, but I'm pretty sure you'll get some positive responses to your post; sorry I can't help ya. Have great fun and prosper in your duck hunting!

Jay,

I've been hunting ducks for more than 40 years and I still don't know what I doing, so don't let that stop you from hunting with your son. I also live in Palmer, send me a PM and we will get together for a hunt.

Chris

Awesome! I sent a visitor message to you. I can't send private messages for some reason. Thanks again!

Ammo Jay; I may be going out next weekend. I have to get a canoe and interested in jim Lake. I have the decoys and can call pretty good, been hunting ducks since I was 18 of and on now 43. Plan to buy a canoe or small boat this week. Let me know if interested

Thanks dude. I'm down. I can rent a boat from Ft Rich. Sent you a pm.

Banned

Wow, me too, Your the FIRST honest Duck Hunter I've ever read!!!

Sent you an email. Want to go out Saturday, let me know! If not I will get a rental and go out by myself!