Thread: help needed at Kincaid archery range

Default help needed at Kincaid archery range

Hey folks, whether you're a Northwest Archer's Assoc. member or just a guest using the practice range, I'd like to ask for your help monitoring activity at the Kincaid archery range. We've had our share of bear problems in the past tearing apart the target butts. But tonight I inspected three completely destroyed targets that I suspect is the work of 2-legged vandals. The targets were tipped over, steel bans broken, and foam layers scattered widely - a total loss. At $500 / target, that represents a fairly substantial hit to the club's operation costs. So I ask that folks just keep an eye out for suspicious activity and call APD if you see a problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

I haven't noticed anything out there except it looks like someone pushed over a sign at the static range and shot an arrow through it?

The most recent damage was on the lower target loop. I think the static range gets enough people using it that most people and critters don't mess around that area.

that just sucks vandals never seem to get caught. Too bad there aren't trail cameras with cellular file transfer to a server somewhere to catch them in the act.

Default Time for some cameras

Maybe someone in the club has one of he game cameras that he would be willing to put out there during the off hours. Could build some suspects if the right photos are taken.

Exclamation

So, I went out to the practice range over the weekend. There were two other archers and a spectator while I was shooting. The lady that was watching yelled MOOSE! It didn't register with me at first until a spike/fork moose ran between myself and the guy shooting next to me and continued down range. We stared in disbelief as the moose walked around the range. The moose left a short bit later (without looking like a pin cushion ). As I was leaving the range I saw the same moose walking on the road back to the gate. Another 50 yards later I saw a second spike only moose hanging out at the edge of the moose.

If anyone is going out to the range please be careful. There are moose in the area and the signs in the park also indicate recent sightings of bears.