Thread: Double lung with a limp.

Default Double lung with a limp.

Success is measured by the smiles on their faces..100_2348.jpg100_2346.jpg

Nice 'bou!..
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

AWESOME Bou!

Quote Originally Posted by HWK View Post
    Success is measured by the smiles on their faces..100_2348.jpg100_2346.jpg
    You had what, that was limp ? CONGRATS
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Very nice - congrats!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

congrats!!

Congrats!!

Good Job. Congrats!!

Nice caribou. I'd love to read the story about the hunt.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Great pic/success,great to be a hunter isn't it.

Well after huntin g for three days with little success and only one small Bull in the bag, I had the kids load up and we ran down the road for about 15 miles. The trail was so nice I couldn figure out why we had not hunted it before. Anyway we made it to the top of the first ridge and started glassing the opisite ridge and my son spoted the three bulls. A cleaver plan was laid out and the wheels were set in motion. the plan was to get in front of them and above and run down a willow shoot and try to cut them off. We made it to the top of the next ridge and and while the kids were getting the guns and such off the wheelers I thougt I woudl just run up ahead and see wheere they were at. I had my head down and the wind should have been perfect, I moved forward looking ahead trying to spot the bou, not seeing them right away I turned back to see where the kids were and directly to my right, yes you guessed it three Big Beautiful Bulls. They had the stare going on and I couldnt move so i motioned the kids to get down and get ready the Caribou had just busted me and started to move out. They kids moved into positioin and my Daughter , Got to Love Her, Looks back at me and asks which one, My relpy. Its your tag but I would shoot the big one out of velvit. By now they are moving fairly fast and about 200 yards out, I am trying to instruct you know, shoot now, lead them just a little, squeez the trigger dont pull, then the report of the 7mm-08. Looking in the binos the big bull is now 300 yards out and limping and me with no gun. My son snaped into action moved to a better position and while I was giving my Daughter the what for about the bad shot My son looks back at me and I had to give him the nod. The report of the 300 WM 180 grain TS, and the big boy went down. Alook of relief came over my Daughter and the boy is over there jumping up and down screaming I love my new gun, did you see that shot, man what an animal. We made it back to camp where the Wife and Grand parents had steaks cooking in less than three hours. The shovel is 18 inches and it took all three of us to drag the gutted carcass into the six wheeler. Never been so proud of the kids, and the whole family was there together which made it that much more special. Im not going to name the trail we hunted but there was aprox 60 trucks in the parking lot close by. They looked pissed when we came darggen out of there in less than three hours with that bull.
    Both kids just chucked at some of the looks we got.