Thread: THanks to whoever filled my blind with beer bottles

Default THanks to whoever filled my blind with beer bottles

I have a blind on the Kenai River flats, it is way out on the point, about as far as you can go. Not a great blind, it is more on the periphery of the main flight pattern but it is generally away from everyone and is great for the dog, my hunting partner and I. The opener on the flats has gotten fairly crowded and so this year we went another direction and decided to wait until later in the fall to get our blind in order and use it.
    Yesterday I took a walk out to see how it looked and what I might need to do to it and found it had a bunch of empty beer bottles, candy wrappers, spent shells, and cigarette butts strewn all around, all fresh from the past few days.
    Iíve never had a problem with others using the blind, public land, public blind, and I use to even keep decoys in it for others to use until they were stolen. But to do what these guys did is just ridiculous. I donít know a duck hunter who would do such a thing and I doubt they will see this or care if they did.
    There are other people that venture out on the flats, looking for birds and so forth and what an embarrassment to have something like this for the public to see. Of course, the one day I forget my trash bag, have to go back tonight and clean up the mess.

Thats too bad they had to trash the place like that obviously they are not true outdoorsmen.
    Now I see why people would worry about others using their blinds even if they don't own them.
    I would have never thought to leave any trash around. Then again I don't drink beer and always clean up after myself and others.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Chris, you can drink beer and still pick up after yourself. Those guys were just slobs, period!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Chris, you can drink beer and still pick up after yourself. Those guys were just slobs, period!!!!
    I know that Ken it just seems 80%+ of all the bottles and cans I see in our great outdoors are beer bottles and beer cans.
    Not sure why that is?

Anyway good job Sameyer on picking up after these slobs.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

time for some street justice!
    Semper Fi!

Maybe not street justice as you propose but Karma will eventually take the upper hand. I always bring an extra bag or two to pick up after the guy in front of me, but that is just me. If everybody did the same thing, maybe they would get it in the end. Probably not but what the heck, just gotta keep trying!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

i know how you feel today i spent more time collecting trash than hunting. and it was in the middle of nowhere. beer cans plastic wrappers chip bags.. ended up hauling out 2 bags of trash and no animals..

Well hopefully it will not get to bad to the point they start closing places down kind of like everyother place you could target shoot at it. Maud Road has trash up and down it, not to mention there is this huge broken thing right on the launch no idea what it is. Anytime I go out to canoe or anything I usually pick up trash as I see it, and if it is underwater I will get it if I can reach it I just throw in the canoe and when I am packing up either find a trash can or bag it in my truck bed.

Bunch of savages in this town. And yes, it IS always the beer drinkers tossing trash round. I rarely find a coke can on the ground; it's almost always beer-and cheap beer at that. Besides, who should be drinking beer AND hunting in a duck blind at the same time? I've got a relative who has taken to throwing beer bottles into the out house. Savages.

So... has your relative been down by the duck shack lately?????

I'd bet it was leftover trash from the dipnetters that floated up on those big tides

Default It's the Norwegians..... that do NOT litter

I tell my kids a few times a week: "Norwegians do NOT litter". Yes, we're all Scandinavian here in this house.

If you've ever been to Norway you'd understand that what I say here is the truth; what a clean country.

To go afield somewhat:
    - On the upside, Scandinavians have some really great fish dishes/appetizers.
    - On the downside, their taxes are OUT OF THIS WORLD crazy-high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    i know how you feel today i spent more time collecting trash than hunting. and it was in the middle of nowhere. beer cans plastic wrappers chip bags.. ended up hauling out 2 bags of trash and no animals..

I feel your pain on that. I was out scouting a place a couple days ago and ended up filling half a 18 gal trash bag with the same sh!! And the worst one was when I went to Creamer's to kill a few birds and ended up picking up a empty Federal Watefowl box and 4 empty shells. As if we (hunters) don't have enough to worry about. Now we have to start cleaning up after other hunters.

Default Actually we do.

Quote Originally Posted by tmhayes View Post
    Now we have to start cleaning up after other hunters.
    I honestly believe that to continue to enjoy our hunting endeavors we really DO need to clean up after our slob-hunters, otherwise the anti-s will have their way with us.

nothing wrong with norweigans
    Semper Fi!

Heck, I bet it was maybe all the trash that the comfishers toss off their boats while fishing. TIT FOR TAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Heck, I bet it was maybe all the trash that the comfishers toss off their boats while fishing. TIT FOR TAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha ha...........