Thread: Anyone in Cordova?

Default Anyone in Cordova?

How's the fishing been?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

It sucks and we're rude. The rivers are punched out because of the rain. People aren't to happy either because we're damp and cold

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Default Been good for me..... ?

Yes the weather was a bit difficult but we still caught fish, weather was almost too good today but we still limited out without too much of a problem. Biggest issue for me was the crowd but we were able to avoid them and still catch fish.

turn up that drip stove!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Yes, it "really" has been terrible... oops, how did those pics get in there?

Last weekend...

DSCN_0686.jpgDSCN_0729.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about. Nice!!!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

It rained a lot but fishing was good the whole time we were there...from 3rd to 14th.

rhd: Holy cow that is a HUGE silver. Or are you only 5 feet tall? I'm guessing about 18 or 20 pounds.

Nice fish!

Cordova is rapidly moving up my list of places to try fishing in the unofficial fall up here. Those are some gorgeous silvers. I could probably take the ferry from Whittier and camp for a few days for a relatively cheap trip....

When is the peak of this run? It it winding down now?
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    When is the peak of this run? It it winding down now?
    Dude its hot through the end of Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Cordova is rapidly moving up my list of places to try fishing in the unofficial fall up here. Those are some gorgeous silvers. I could probably take the ferry from Whittier and camp for a few days for a relatively cheap trip....
    coho slayer because I think you're pretty cool I'll offer you and only you this info. Keep it to yourself please! The ferry trip for me and my truck round trip was $210.00, it took 3hrs from dock to dock. You're fishing in 4hrs and 10 min from Anchorage. Don't tell anyone this tip and please support the hardworking fishing families of Area E when those heathens from Fairbanks try to strip us of our livelihoods.
    One other thing I forgot, support the local businesses, don't get groceries at AC, go uptown to the grocery store on main street

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

I actually tried sending you a PM but you inbox is full.
    Thanks for the info man.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Dude its hot through the end of Oct.

coho slayer because I think you're pretty cool I'll offer you and only you this info. Keep it to yourself please! The ferry trip for me and my truck round trip was $210.00, it took 3hrs from dock to dock. You're fishing in 4hrs and 10 min from Anchorage. Don't tell anyone this tip and please support the hardworking fishing families of Area E when those heathens from Fairbanks try to strip us of our livelihoods.
    One other thing I forgot, support the local businesses, don't get groceries at AC, go uptown to the grocery store on main street

One other thing I forgot, support the local businesses, don't get groceries at AC, go uptown to the grocery store on main street[/QUOTE]

Thats right shop at Danmart.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thanks Fullbush....probably won't happen this year, but I'll keep that in mind for next. And I'll do my part to support the local folks for sure. Is it cool with the locals to park/camp in a truck there for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Thanks Fullbush....probably won't happen this year, but I'll keep that in mind for next. And I'll do my part to support the local folks for sure. Is it cool with the locals to park/camp in a truck there for a few days?
    Typically they are pretty quick to give you a notice if you're not in a designated campground in city limits. City limits goes to 17 mile down the highway and to the Hartney Bay bridge down Whitshed Rd. Trust me, local PD or a local will let you know if you are there more than a one night. Showers are available at the Harbor Monster's office. Please remember there are a lot of places to fish rather than the one stream that tends to become a parking lot. The highway has been shortened due to the massive rains. You can't get to Child's Glacier until the bridge at 36 mile is repaired.

anybody still fishing there? How's it been?

I was there 2 weeks ago and fishing was great even with all the rain. Radar shows it is still raining. Is the bridge to Miles Glacier fixed yet? Oh, the Silvers this year were,just as big as last year.

Really bummed I won't make Cordova this year!

Although I'm headed to POW in about 3 weeks to chase the blacktails and the stray coho's that may be left in the Klawock!

Here's a picture thread of my last trip to Cordova. We flew out to the Tsiu. Insane weather compared to this year!

I'll be back next year though!

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/ala...er-alaska.html

Does anyone know if the coho are still being caught in Cordova at this time of the year?