Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: permit ?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    336

    Default permit ?

    if you get a drawing permit can you still hunt on a general harvest ticket if you did not make a kill on the permit or if you hunt before your permit hunt opens.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    if you get a drawing permit can you still hunt on a general harvest ticket if you did not make a kill on the permit or if you hunt before your permit hunt opens.
    In most (maybe all, but I can't say for 100% certainty) cases, yes. You are bound by the bag limits for the species you are hunting for and locations involved as well as the specific conditions of your permit. Some permits have specific conditions regarding impacts of other hunting opportunities, a good example being the Tier I nechina caribou. If you got that permit, nobody in your household can hunt moose or caribou in any other unit. This is not common, but it does happen in some cases.

  3. #3
    Member PPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    If you got that permit, nobody in your household can hunt moose or caribou in any other unit. .
    So are u talking about rc566 or ar u talking about dc480-483? Cause my brother got a dc482 permit but I wouldn't see why that would not let me hunt anywhere else


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=70.245059,-148.241871

  4. #4
    Member J2theD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    300

    Default

    The DC ones are drawings and do not limit you. The RC is the Tier 1 and DOES limit where you can hunt.

    Im about 99% sure anyways.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    I have a anybull moose permit and a general season harvest ticket( never know when a spike fork be in my back yard) so yes you can.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PPR View Post
    So are u talking about rc566 or ar u talking about dc480-483? Cause my brother got a dc482 permit but I wouldn't see why that would not let me hunt anywhere else


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=70.245059,-148.241871
    You only quoted part of what my post said. "that permit" in my post was referring to the Tier I which is the RC566. The others are drawing and do not carry the limitations on your or your household regarding hunting those or other species there or in other locations.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    336

    Default

    ok thanks guys i have an any moose draw permit and a general harvest ticket now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •