Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 hunters vehicles vandalized: tires slashed, ect. if caught, what's the punishment?

Default 13 hunters vehicles vandalized: tires slashed, ect. if caught, what's the punishment?

does anybody know if the perpetrators are caught, what would the punishment be if convicted?? legal minimum maximums for this type of crime, and what is likely to be the actual punishment after plea bargin, ect?

Quoted from the fairbanks daily news from here-http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/15398715/article-Vehicles-vandalized-at-Delta-Junction-boat-launch?instance=home_news_window_left_top_4
    "vehicles vandalized at Delta Junction boat launch
    by Staff Report / newsroom@newsminer.comFairbanks Daily News Miner
    Sep 05, 2011 | 3104 views | 3 | 10 | |

FAIRBANKS At least 13 vehicles were vandalized while parked at the Cummings Road Public Boat Landing in Delta Junction late last week, according to Alaska State Troopers.

The vehicles had their tires slashed sometime between Thursday evening and early Friday afternoon, troopers said. Moose hunting season began in many areas Thursday, filling many launch areas with parked vehicles and boat trailers.

Investigation into the vandalism spree is continuing, troopers said. "

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Vehicles vandalized at Delta Junction boat launch
    edit signature here

death.......

I'd like to know this as well. In a separate incident, I had my window broken and car rummaged through at a trailhead along the Seward Hwy over the weekend. The criminal took NOTHING, even missed the Alaska USA stamped envelope containing some cash in the console he clearly dug through......confirms he is a pathetic thief. Left me with a $300 window repair bill. Not a happy camper here but it certainly could be worse. After talking to a LEO, they've had a string of these happen along the highway throughout the Chugach the past month or so with 5 or so springing up this weekend. Be careful out there and DON'T leave your valuables in the locked car! Fortunately we had our wallets and phones with us which is what he has been targeting.

Default time to round up the boys...

...sounds like business as usual on the mainland.

Awwww....craptastic. Just when we thought the nefarious element had taken a day off.
    Tar and feathers might be appropriate...

I just bought a new truck that will be used for hunting next week and the thought of vandalism has already crossed my mind. Its a common occurance during hunting season. Delta being the worst spot of all I hear

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I just bought a new truck that will be used for hunting next week and the thought of vandalism has already crossed my mind. Its a common occurance during hunting season. Delta being the worst spot of all I hear
    It moves around, was a time it was Petersville, was a time it was Turnagain Pass, was a time it was Bird Creek/Indian. I guess I understand soft target thieves, but often it is just mindless vandalizm, like jumping on the roof and hood. I will get worse. Would be nice if they could take there PFD and there parents PFD for five years.

Sometime before 8/23 friend had truck parked 20 miles out of tok on cut off in big gravel parking area, mile 103 / 104 he thought. All four tires / rims stolen. Truck was a dark green 2005 chevy silver ado . Rims were 20 x 8.5 rock stars, all black with silver star in middle. If anyone saw anything suspicious send pm, thanks

With all the theft and break-ins you'd think that the police would put out a bait vehicle and watch it. Or maybe put some hidden trail cams on certain areas and see what happens. As much as I hear about break-ins at trailheads and parking areas it probably wouldn't be long before they had a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    With all the theft and break-ins you'd think that the police would put out a bait vehicle and watch it...
    Nice thought...what police? You mean the Troopers who happen to be very busy at the moment patrolling half the state's population, who just all happen to be hunting Donelly Flats at the moment.

Not snarking on you but the limited LEO resources available here are pretty occupied right now.

Exclamation gr8 idea

With all the theft and break-ins you'd think that the police would put out a bait vehicle and watch it. Or maybe put some hidden trail cams on certain areas and see what happens. As much as I hear about break-ins at trailheads and parking areas it probably wouldn't be long before they had a hit.
    Since the troopers do read this web site, let me add some suggestions:

- Leave some unopened mail and a GPS on the dashboard.
    - Leave out in plain site on the front seat a cellphone, camera, smokes, lighter, a nice knife, and a 12 pack of beer

- Leave a note on the dashboard that can be read from outside the vehicle that reads:
    "Tony, glad you found my truck here. Park near by and then come find me; I'll be about a dozen miles north of here; look for the same blue tent we used last year; I'll be in about the same spot we used last year. Hope you find me because I won't be coming back to the truck for a week, unless I get a moose."

We had a similar set of incidents several years ago where tires were slashed, gas tanks sugared, wheels stolen, and radiators punctured on vehicles left in hunting parking lots. All of this occurred within 20 miles of a certain city involving 4 counties. Sheriffs Department set up "bait trucks" in the area hit the worst. Turns out it was a local towing company trying to drum up business. The same towing business had the county contracts for service, so when a tow was needed ....... guess who got called to hook em up!

I leave a 2 gallon gas can with 1/3 water 2/3 gas marked premium. Then some thread bare rubber bungees. Then if stolen I just look for a broke down truck and a guy with an eye patch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Wouldn't be a bad idea to take out your own trail cam and set it up on your vehicle if you wanted to get pictures of the vandals. These guys doing this can't be the smartest. I mean knowingly robbing people who are armed with guns and itching to shoot something.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I leave a 2 gallon gas can with 1/3 water 2/3 gas marked premium. Then some thread bare rubber bungees. Then if stolen I just look for a broke down truck and a guy with an eye patch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is one of the best I have ever hear! I like your thinking

I have some friends that were parked at mp 132 and had there gas tanks punctured and gas stolen recently

Interesting, I had both back tires go out on me this weekend on the way back from the Gracious house.. The first one looked like a slice and the second one looked like a screw driver was driven into the tire just enough that 10 miles on the highway with a wheeler on the back would do it.. I was with some friends and they were supposed to be back about an hour ago.. I hope they didn't get flats as as well if that was what happened. The fact both tires went out and the type of cut/marks is odd. The more I think about it we had two women in a white van parked in the same lot we were Saturday evening and they left first thing Sunday morning.. Now ya got me thinkin.. Watch out for the red and black haired ladies in the white conversion van guys. One smokes the long 120 cigarettes and has black hair with gray and the other has red hair... I guess if other guys come on here commenting about a white conversion van it won't be so funny...

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    That's worthy. Sorry, my clicker is broken. Somebody pay the man...please.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

also wanted to post these from right down the road, same area-delta

these other thefts so far listed from TODAY!!!

--AST DISPATCH- "Location: Delta Junction
    Case number: 11-89453
    Type: Theft
    Text: On 9-6-11, at 1012 hours, Alaska State Troopers received a report
    of two stolen fuel tanks from a Delta Junction Apartment. Investigation
    found the two 500 gallon tanks and an unknown amount of fuel were taken
    sometime between 9/2/11 and 9/3/11. Anyone with information is asked to
    contact the Alaska State Troopers. Investigation continues.

Author: SRL0
    Received Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:06 PM and posted Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:05 PM

-------------------------------------------------
    Case number: 11-89527
    Type: Theft
    Text: On 9-6-11, at 1253 hours, Alaska State Troopers received a report
    from **** ******, 67 of Delta, that two of his ATV's had been stolen
    sometime during the previous week. Reported stolen was a 2001 Polaris
    Sportsman 500 and a 2003 Honda Rancher 300. Anyone with information is
    asked to contact the Alaska State Troopers. Investigation continues.

Author: SRL0

for all 9-6-2011 dispatches, including 5 search and rescue and a bunch of game violations - http://www.dps.state.ak.us/pio/dispa...7;20Dispatches of 09-06-2011.20110906.txt
    edit signature here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast