Thread: Uganik Lake Experience?

Default Uganik Lake Experience?

I'm looking for anyone who might be able to answer some questions about Kodiak's Uganik Lake. If you're in Anchorage, I'd love to meet up, grab some food &/or drink, look over some maps and talk shop for a bit. Thanks folks!

What do you want to know, I have been there many time both spring and fall (but more fall than spring). I have not been there in 15 or 20 years. We would stay weeks at the cabin near the inlet. Good fishing, good deer hunting. Hard country to get around in, till you get on top.

what are you wanting to know, was there this spring

Quote Originally Posted by iturner8 View Post
    I'm looking for anyone who might be able to answer some questions about Kodiak's Uganik Lake. If you're in Anchorage, I'd love to meet up, grab some food &/or drink, look over some maps and talk shop for a bit. Thanks folks!

used to be a guy chartered/transported out of kodiak by the name of "10 Bears".. has a 43' Delta who traditionally hunted that area for years... you might try looking him up... his disposition is not too friendly, but he'd have a mountain of knowledge on that area....

What do you need? I hunted deer there for many years in late Oct but not for 10 years.