Thread: Base camp cooking.

Default Base camp cooking.

How many use cast iron dutch ovens, teflon pans, or just any pans you could care less about?

The cast iron is a great thing to have, the wifes teflon/copper is a dangerous thing to have if it comes back ruined, and the other is , WHO Cares what happens to it.

I have a cast iron Belgian waffle maker. It goes anywhere we go that weight isn't an issue. It can be heated on a single burner stove or a wood fire. So far, waffles on the Denali Highway, waffles on the Haul Rd, waffles on Kodiak, waffles all over Alaska That and some caribou or moose breakfast sausage and I'm one happy dude.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

go with the one that doesnt matter what happens to it, my hunting/camping pots and pans are the old cheap ones that have been replaced in the kitchen

O.K. Doug you made me look up the waffle maker, lol,. Always used the griddle for pancakes.

I see Lodge Cast Iron www.lodgemfg.com has three differant styles of waffle makers, thanks for the idea.

www.wisementrading.com/outdoorcooking/castiorn.htpm This link will get you to the site just go home and look up cast iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    I see Lodge Cast Iron www.lodgemfg.com has three differant styles of waffle makers, thanks for the idea.
    Coleman also sells a little inexpensive waffle iron. I've used mine a lot on the wood stove but it can be used over a campfire, too.

Most of my cookware I use in the field came from garrage sales or thrift stores. Not much of an investment if it gets lost or damaged .
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Cast iron in summers camp, 6taken straight from our kittchen, but it pounds the sled in winter, so we have a military aluminum nesting squad cooking kit, very nice and locks down for transport.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

12 inch cast iron dutch oven. Works for almost everything. That and a small pressure cooker for boiling water.