Thread: Ketchikan Game Processing/Shipping

Default Ketchikan Game Processing/Shipping

I am going to be in Ketchikan hopefully with an elk and some deer. Looking for recommendations for a game processor and/or an economical way to get the meet back to Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasport View Post
    I am going to be in Ketchikan hopefully with an elk and some deer. Looking for recommendations for a game processor and/or an economical way to get the meet back to Anchorage.
    I always do my own, but this is the only guy I've heard that does processing. I don't know anything about him and not sure if he is still in business but you can check him out. Marvin's Wild Game Processing. 907 617-1335 or 907 617-4510

We were going to ship the moose we got last year up north thru Alaska Air Cargo, but ended up driving the highway down to Ketchikan with a freezer in the back. The air cargo freight wasn't cheap but it would have gotten it to Ketchikan quick like.
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 09-06-2011 at 19:20. Reason: added info

Thanks Kingfisher. I called him and left a message. No call back yet though. Somebody else referred him to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasport View Post
    Thanks Kingfisher. I called him and left a message. No call back yet though. Somebody else referred him to me as well.
    No problem.