Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas thieves should be shot

Angry Gas thieves should be shot

For years we have stashed gas up the Salcha along with my brother, making trips in the winter and summer so we don't have to haul it all for our 10 day trips.... Along comes some SOBs with 2wheel drive four wheelers in a boat (tracks) & they take 100 gallons! &%$!!!

You're right that is a gut shootable offense for sure. I'll tell ya Alaska is spiraling out of control w/ low life desperados. We all need to stay on alert, its only getting worse.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

it's only $400-$500 lost
    no big deal

Just wait till the catastrophic total world depression, oops my my tinfoil hat is showing............Hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Jisler View Post
    it's only $400-$500 lost
    no big deal
    Might be a big deal if you go up river counting on it to find its gone, IMO its a big deal, and 400-500 bucks isnt exactly chump change to me.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I'm guessing Jisler was joking....

Try leaving one full of crappy sugared gas. Only you know which one it is and obviously the thieves won't.
    This should slow down their desire to steal any more.
    BK

BKmail - We thought of that, but kinda hate to screw someone who has a boat/gas emergency as we wouldn't mind someone "borrowing" some in that case...
    I figured he was joking too...

fullbush -- Agreed.... kills me to think that someone who can afford a boat & 4wheeler these days has the nerve to steal gas.....we scrimp & save for all the old used stuff we have... the ******* probably has more money than us!

I love this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    I'm guessing Jisler was joking....

Try leaving one full of crappy sugared gas. Only you know which one it is and obviously the thieves won't.
    This should slow down their desire to steal any more.
    BK

It used to be that if you left a stash in the woods it would be safe but now thats not the case. I hate leaving anything just sitting. My wife questioned why I pulled the key on our ranger when we stalked a bou this year in the middle of no where... IT's because thats what the world has come to.

Thats a bummer but dont all of us give up on Alaskans ... there are plenty of great people up here that make up "The Great Land". Yes, there are some bad apples but no use giving them air time. On the rafting forum I posted a plea to look for my sons raft that flipped on a whitwater trip a few weeks back and some of them found the raft just the other day and returned it to my son! Bravo for them and for Alaskans. I have found that leaving a note with any stashed items makes it more personal and keeps honest people more honest! Maybe try that???

That gas is there for a reason. I have stashed gas to find either the can empty or missing all togather. Mine was mostly "just in case" gas. If you need 5gl or so to make it out safely, OK. Put $40 zip lock bag duct tape it to the can with a phone number. Same as if you came upon a cabin and "had" to break in for shelter in the winter.

But that much gas gone...not cool at all
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Back in 93-94 my dad beached his boat at deep creek because of bad weather coming back in. Had planned to float it the next day and fish so we filled it up with gas and let it sit. Go to float it the next day, get out about two miles and run out of fuel. Someone had siphoned off about 30 gallons of fuel out of it. Had to call for a buddy to bring us some fuel. From then on out my dad slept ON the boat when he had to beach it. All for $30 of gas. I hate thieves.

Theft is obviously not ever okay anywhere. I hope the perps are somehow caught. When I cache stuff, I'm relying on it for survival. And it's not only about the economic loss and the safety issue, it's also about the feeling of violation.

At the same time, I find myself wondering where the gas was cached, because this topic reminds me of some other recent threads about caches on public land, including this one http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...l=1#post997522 (from post #14 on)

Quote Originally Posted by highlife View Post
    Thats a bummer but dont all of us give up on Alaskans ... there are plenty of great people up here that make up "The Great Land". Yes, there are some bad apples but no use giving them air time. On the rafting forum I posted a plea to look for my sons raft that flipped on a whitwater trip a few weeks back and some of them found the raft just the other day and returned it to my son! Bravo for them and for Alaskans. I have found that leaving a note with any stashed items makes it more personal and keeps honest people more honest! Maybe try that???
    glad your sons item was returned and good advice here, leave a note and make it more personal.

and apparently there is quite the crime spree occurring between salcha and delta. what a shame. the area has litteraly 100's of good dump sites to get rid of a body
    edit signature here

This is what. Id do I leave one can with alumaseal in the full 5 gallons. Alumaseal. Its mean to plug holes in radiatiors. Works great on injectors. How do I know. It a long story but I went about two blocks.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by highlife View Post
    Thats a bummer but dont all of us give up on Alaskans ... there are plenty of great people up here that make up "The Great Land"....
    "Alaskans", and Yukoners for that matter, don't steal gas. In my book, anyone who pulls that kind of BS isn't a northerner, will never be one, and needs to be shown the quickest way out.
    My $.02.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    "Alaskans", and Yukoners for that matter, don't steal gas. In my book, anyone who pulls that kind of BS isn't a northerner, will never be one, and needs to be shown the quickest way out.
    My $.02.
    Agreed. It's hard to trust anyone though. I camo painted my gas cans so I can hide them.

A while back (mid-90's) I used to keep my boat at work, as we had a pretty big yard. I kept noticing one day that something seemed odd, and when I walked over one of my cans was sitting on the transom with a 10 under it and a note saying thank you, that they had run out.
    Pretty class act, but then, that's south Anchorage!!
    I've had way more people be stand up than sleaze bags, but it's also one reason I'd rather be out on the water than have a cabin in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Might be a big deal if you go up river counting on it to find its gone, IMO its a big deal, and 400-500 bucks isnt exactly chump change to me.
    ....................+1
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast