Thread: Off to fill DC480 tag w/ wife, hopefully!

Default Off to fill DC480 tag w/ wife, hopefully!

Got home from slope and now I'm off to help my wife fulfill her DC480 tag. From the sounds of it the bou are still scattered all over which is unfortunate since I was seeing them herded up in the 30's up north. With luck we'll see a bull moose too and take that. With even more luck there wont be much people out hunting. If we get a bou or a moose we'll be putting it on youtube and post some pic's on here as well. Happy hunting all and wish me a lot of luck since were going to be needing it.

Good luck! Just got back from my DC480 hunt. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of people in there and the 'bou are very scattered. Look high for them. Saw a few cow moose and a couple guys with moose headed out.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Thanks hoping the people were thick because of the holiday weekend. We will try high and low and mid... anywhere hopefully. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Good luck! Just got back from my DC480 hunt. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of people in there and the 'bou are very scattered. Look high for them. Saw a few cow moose and a couple guys with moose headed out.

Give me a call when u get back if you want help with it or if you wanna try and put an arrow through a bear.

i also spent the last 4 days there and experienced the same as R1, except i'd like to add that you should not only look high for the bou, but also far from the roads/trails. good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    i also spent the last 4 days there and experienced the same as R1, except i'd like to add that you should not only look high for the bou, but also far from the roads/trails. good luck to you.
    +1 on that! Park the wheeler and walk! I felt EXTREMELY lucky to spot the ones I did from the trail. I did a lot of climbing and walking in hopes of seeing some caribou before I spotted the bull I took. Heard a lot of shots about 30 miles in. Get across the nelchina and start looking. There's so much area back there that it is possible to get away from people if you are willing to work. I figured there was so many people back there because of the holiday and expected it on the way in. Get high(as bad as that sounds)!
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"