Thread: Give me a Mudd-Ox any day over an Argo

Default Give me a Mudd-Ox any day over an Argo

I mean, how ignorant do you have to be to slam such a great machine? Anything can have a random failure. Argo transmissions fail too. I have no doubt Matt will make sure all is right with any of his machines that need it. In reality, his machines are overbuilt and make a guy feel even better about durability. I've owned a 31 hp Avenger with 3.3 gears and rubber tracks, and let me tell you it doesn't hold a candle to the Mudd-Ox I have now. I still get pissed when I think about wear and tear on brake pads discs and having to be extra careful (slow) not to grind gears when changing direction for the thousandth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I've owned a 31 hp Avenger with 3.3 gears and rubber tracks, and let me tell you it doesn't hold a candle to the Mudd-Ox I have now. I still get pissed when I think about wear and tear on brake pads discs and having to be extra careful (slow) not to grind gears when changing direction for the thousandth time.
    After seeing the title to your thread ... I was thinking ... hooray, a thread that is pro muddox, I want to hear the good things about mudd ox... Instead I find an anti-Argo rant with reasoning that I can not relate to. My experience is with the 750 HDi, and that experience has been great. For gears there is forward, neutral, reverse. Hi/low for power. Handle bar steering and a motorcycle rotating grip throttle.

In all seriousness ... I hope the Mudd Ox does well ... when I buy my next machine, I promise to check out both the Mudd Ox and Argo. Geographically, I would prefer to not have to commute to the valley for maintenance/repairs as the Argo dealership is located closer to my house. Hopefully, the subjective opinions against Mudd Ox will also lessen.

IMO, please keep the good things about Argo and Mudd Ox a secret ... as I enjoy riding where the ATV's normally don't dare and don't get tired of returning from ventures with bands of ATV's asking how the trail ahead is ... or seeing how many mudholes they navigate before turning back.

Others will claim their machines are the best... but as we both know, the Mudd-ox and ARGO are in different leagues when compared to the common ATV's... but then again, I've had ATV's help get me unstuck a few times also. Out on the trails ... everyone has been so friendly and nice, so the subjective whining within the forum baffles me. Thanks everyone for helping me out... your assistance was most appreciated ... and that's what the ATV forum should really be about.