Thread: Alaskan Dream Season

Default Alaskan Dream Season

Your employer has given you a one year Paid Leave of Absence...You have been lucky and received all your draw requests for any hunt. The wife gives you the green light and it is January 1st and you're not hung-over. Plan your year's fishing and hunting trips. Spring bear on Kodiak...to December Moose meat hunt.

When and what are you going to do???

an elk on etolin island would be on my list, as well as a goat.

i am going elk and antelope hunting with my buddy in montana, then off to hawaii to archery hunt pig and mouflon.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Sheep, especially after seeing the monster taken this fall.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

After all that hunting, you forgot your $35 Gift Certificate to Lulu's House of Exotic Dancing and small engine repair, conveniently located on the corner of 36th and Spenard. They do sort of a "seasonal" business.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Just keep on Hunting.......

Caribou all year round, but Jan first Id start off getting an Ox, easy tolocate in the dim days at hand, but doable on Jan 1st.......maby a Sheep then in Feb, Rabbits all spring, Ptarmigan too, with Sheefish hooked through the ice mixxed in.........Then Spring Wolf Hunting, get a Brown Brear and start knocking off Geese, swans and ducks, with some Caribou to dry....then ,when the river breaks up, hunt Muskrats and Beavers in the floods......then more dry meats and ducks, set a whitefish net....when the boys get to camp with Seals and Beluga to cut and dry Ill sein Smelts or Herring, and set salmon nets to dry and see if The Dolly Varden run, and get what I can.......then Hunt meats , Pick greens, berrys and onions, but especially in August/Sept for more Salmon and Sheefish, Caribou and their hides,A Black Bear if theres room inthe freezer,Picking Berrys and late september Ill go for FAT Bulls bythe dozen.....then freeze up and set whitefish nets and hunt Cow caribou since the Bulls will be rutting and the cows fat...then darkness and no snow, but thickening ice will keep me checking my ice nets, setting traps and waiting for the returmn of light to hunt by in late January...........

Thats what I would do....take the wife tooo...call it "a job" ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I am going to the doctors office to make sure I am not hallucinating before I spend all that loot and severally piss off the wife
    Than watch out moose and mule deer - hunt as many states, provinces etc as possible and wear a smile an undertaker couldn't remove!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

i doubt anyone here can top that!

Release Lake Trout

In January it would probably be just Musk Ox in AK then off to Montana for Mountain Lion. Back to AK for spring bear, followed by salmon fishing and scouting during the summer. August would be Sheep and Caribou in the Brooks. September would be Moose and Goat. After that I would head to MT for Archery Elk for the last two weeks of the season. Stay in MT for Antelope in Mid OCT, and Mule deer on the Missouri Breaks in NOV. Starting in December I would hunt Mountain Lion and Bobcat in MT. Then I would return to Alaska and hope that my wife hadn't taken off with the kids because I hadn't been home in a year!