Thread: Camping by a Valley stream

Default Camping by a Valley stream

Decided to spend the weekend camping by one of the valley streams this weekend and look for some rainbows. My youngest son went with me for the weekend, and we had a great time. Found some fish, and the weather was nice. (well, it didn't rain hard enough to blow out the river.....)

One thing to gripe about though, is you have the free camping which is great. Why do the (insert choice term here) feel that it is necessary to burn pallets so there is staples all over, and leave all of the Coors light cans 1/2 burned in the fire pit? The broken whiskey bottles are a nice touch as well.

Maybe they are just on a campaign to restrict the access to the river? Or are the empty cans just too heavy to carry out with them? (just like all the empty's and trash at every lake?)

OK, I'm done venting now. I hope everyone else had a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
    you have the free camping which is great.
    Where is the free camping on the Parks streams, thought it was either state camp grounds or private property?

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

There is public land along Montana Crk and Sheep Crk. I am sure there is some on other creeks too. Littering is a way of life up here it seems like. We brought home one beer bottle and 7 empty plastic water bottles from one section of trail 2 miles long yesterday on an ATV ride, and half a trash bag full of trash from the trail head.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Mumammuma (talks with hand over mouth) I've got a comment but I'm on the list of undesirables so I won't say it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

What, you never heard the term, "valley TRASH"?
    It doesn't just apply to assembly people, you know.

You'll find filthy, less than respectable people wherever you go from coast to coast. Best you can do is make the difference they are failing in. On every outing we pick up some elses trash and my son is amaIng at picking up beer cans. We found several campsites on the little su littered with mtn house bags and beer cans, and though we were limite on space, we took care of what we could.

Even found a siler bullet tree decorated with a dozen cans.

What, you never heard the term, "valley TRASH"?
    It doesn't just apply to assembly people, you know.
    Doesn't just apply to the Valley either. On a trip to Ketchikan a couple years ago my wife and I got bored and rented a car. We couldn't believe the amount of trash in the pullouts on the forest service roads.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Oh, I know the problem is everywhere. It still really ticks me off though......

I have wondered more than once how people, who are presummably out camping, fishing, hunting, etc., to enjoy the great outdoors ,find it acceptable to leave their garbage behind for others to find. It is completely contrary to the entire experience not to mention the detriment to the environment on several levels.

I cannot remember the last time I was on a outing when I did not bring back someone else's trash that had been left behind. Regardless of the activity; canoeing the KNWF, hunting (pick a place), fishing (pick again),snowmachining, ATV, boating or hiking. There is no pursuit nor destination which I have experienced that is immune to this abuse, I find it disgusting.

I always leave a place with more trash than I generate during my visit and I doubt that will ever change, unfortunately.

My pet peeve is the yahoos who scatter their trash along the Yentna river in the winter.. My son and I have a standing game we play to see who can pick up the most bungee cords.. and dog booties... The one time it actually paid off, we were following a group of "yahoos" and they were spreading a trail of full Bud cans... We recovered 10 full cans of Bud... which we took on to our cabin to be properly disposed of...!!