Thread: Does your grizzly seem tippy?

Default Does your grizzly seem tippy?

I have a 2010 700 eps on 27inch kenda executioners my question is does your machine seem tippy on side hills? I rode with 3 different machines last weekend and there was 2 spots I had to have a buddy hold my machine to the ground so I didn't roll. Does this seem normal? The 800polaris didn't seem to have this neither did the 400 arctic cat or honda. Those 2 were on stock tires. I understand that higher tires will cause this but the Polaris has the same size tires as me. Any body else feel like their grizzly is unstable on side hills?

You can always add spacers to widen your stance. Suspension adjustment also plays into the stability.

Maybe check your shock adjustment. If it's all the way in the "up" position, maximum stiff, you could try bringing it all the way down on the rears and 1 notch up in the front to soften it up. I don't know what your tire pressure is but you might be a bit high, that makes a huge difference. I have 27" maxxis zillas and I run around 5psi in front and 4.5 psi rear. Aftermarket rims will often have an offset that will give you a wider stance, which is good for stability. If you aint happy after all that, you have the option of adding wheel spacers. A lot of grizzly owners go with 1.5" spacers, either just the rear or all around. If you order some look into xxbilletxx on ebay. He sells quality wheel spacers for about 100$, anywhere between 1"-3" although the wider you go the more stress you put on wheel bearings. Also keep in mind trailer and truck bed width, sometimes another couple inches means 2 wheelers don't fit side by side or 1 doesn't fit in the truck.

I ride a '07 700 on 25's and it doesn't seem tippy. I will get up on the high side on side hills, but most of the time it's not required, it's just me playing it safe.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Yea, some of the grizzlies around here get "Tippzy" mostly Saturday at the Salmon Bar. But they sleep it off, No worries.

My tires are 12inch wide rear 10 front so it sits wider than stock. I was wondering if stiffing my springs could help they are set in the middle and feel soft. I have heard some say that most of the indepent rear machines are tippy. I usually sit on the side but sometimes can't while still controlling both brakes. I don't think my tires are over inflated but honestly I haven't checked

Get you a low pressure tire gauge and check. It makes a considerable difference and tire pressure should be monitored. It equals ride quality. low pressure grips the ground when corning under power

Your problem is the 27" tires, my 02 and 05 grizzly never had a problem tipping with stock size itp mudlites. I would see about maybe a heavier sway bar or spacers to widen the stance but spacers put much more stress on the knuckles and wheel bearings. And definitely adjust your shocks to the stiffest they will go.
    hope this helps and good luck

I have a stock '06 Grizz 660 and it doesn't feel tippy. But the Grizz is several hundred pounds lighter than other bikes around the same size, so that may play into it a bit
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Yea, some of the grizzlies around here get "Tippzy" mostly Saturday at the Salmon Bar. But they sleep it off, No worries.
    Mine are nailed to the wall.
    squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Mine seemed tippy. A set of 1" spacers did wonders for me.

Soften up your suspension. This will allow you to lean into a hill, if you make it firm as suggested it will just cause the ATV to lean downhill no matter how much you lean into the hill.

Default Thanks

I checked my tire psi and it was a little over 7 I bled m to a bit above 5 and this seemed to help. I put some miles on today but didn't get too crazy. I don't think it's cause of the 27s the only time I've actually tipped it was when I had the stockers on it my first day out. I think after I give the psi some more tests I may go adjust my shocks. They seemed too soft when I first got it as I bottomed out suspension a few times, but since I put on bigger tires I haven't noticed.

Default almost tipped, but not quite

I've almost tipped my Grizzly 700 twice, but both were my own fault, and each is kind of a fun story, in retrospect..... though neither was, at the time.

I'm running completely stock, except I added a backrest/saddlebags (Big Wes model) and ITP Swamplites.