Thread: Bush Pilot Guest Speaker via Skype?

Default Bush Pilot Guest Speaker via Skype?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am a professor at Eastern Michigan University and teach a variety of aviation-related courses. One course which I teach is a Senior Seminar in Aviation. For part of the course, I bring in guest speakers from various aviation careers. I have had a lot of requests to have a Bush Pilot come and speak about his/her experiences, but I have been unable to make this work. I was hoping through this forum and the use of Skype (a free way to video conference) I may be able to work this out. The class meets on Wednesday evenings. Anyone interested?
    Christina

cwall1, that sounds like a pretty good idea to use Skype for an interview. You might want to list a date unless you are flexible and any Wednesday would work. Also this is a busy time for most of the bush pilots with all the hunting right now. PM me and I can give you a bush pilot's name and phone #, he might have time? Also the 4 hour difference would make it mid afternoon but is worth a shot.

Get an old one about 70!
    Tim

I'm 72. Retired in 2007. Spent 31 years flying Alaska for a living in single-engine planes, wheels skis and floats. I might be interested in the interview and am available most anytime. PM me with more info and I will respond.

Christina,

Check your forum messages.

OHB
    That would be Michael Buckland. The man is a wealth of information and an instructor at UAA