Thread: Opening day Alagnak style

Default Opening day Alagnak style

Just wanted to share with all our friends around the state, some of the great times we had on opening day here in Bristolbay. Lots of birds,Bears and wolves around this year and decent weather. Had a great opener and the dogs did a great job.

http://youtu.be/A9Bx97ls-Ps
    here is a short video of the day post hunt interview

Have a safe fall hunting everyone.
    Last edited by Aleutian king; 09-03-2011 at 13:27. Reason: add picture

So tell me the facts. Did you take the bear and wolf pic the same day as the duck pics? Are you a lodge owner or guide advertising your business or just a casual hunter out for a day where you live. I would lov to try BB hunting, I've heard its fabulous. Thank you for sharing. Bud
    Wasilla

He is a guide/outfitter operating in BB, cold bay, and the pribs. google his business mark on his photos to check out his website.

Somebody shot 3 or 4 ducks just upstream from us on Thursday. . Did you see the NPS guys shortly before shooting a few ducks (around 10:30 AM Friday)? We had the 3 rafts, cataraft, and 5 Arctic Ovens.

We saw quite a few ducks.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default I am a guide

I am a guide, and those exact bear and wolf pictures were all taken during a 4 day stretch during the hunt, As we have had lots of wolves around the lodge , and the bears are plentiful as we are inside Katmai Park and preserve. ANd yes we have some great waterfowl hunting in BB, we will be out tomorrow agian and will post all pics up from tomorrow. Thanks for the interest and if any residents want to come out and hunt i will be glad to help you out.

I can't PM you AleutianKing. I was interested to know if that is a Kubota RTV you are driving around in and how much you like it?? NOt trying to hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    I can't PM you AleutianKing. I was interested to know if that is a Kubota RTV you are driving around in and how much you like it?? NOt trying to hijack.
    Yes we have 2 900 RTV out at the lodge they are the bomb, little diesel engines, very heavy duty good on fuel, only 1 down fall-for true off roading a little heavy and lower clearance as i believe they have 10" ground clearance. we have worked ours to death for 3 years , still going strong. I got a winch so when you get stuck you can pull yourself out.

The opening weeks on the Alagnak is still holding strong, cooler weather is bringing more birds down to bristol bay, Had another great day 2 days ago with Don and Ethan.

What is that on top of your dogs harness, looks like a camera of some kind, but appears to be pointing downward. Would love to spend a week there and hunt and relax and see the wildlife. Doubt if it is affordable, even in the off season. Bud
    Wasilla

+1 to what Bud says, I would love to go out there, but probably can't afford it. I would really like to get a king or common eider. Hopefully I can head down over there someday. Meanwhile, keep posting the pics. Is that an eurasion widgeon in the last pic?
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

That is a camera on the harness it's a Hero they seem to be pretty cool. I've been looking at getting one of those camera's myself. what do you think of it, they seem to be pretty tough.

The camera is pretty cool does some neat shots, The puddleduck hunting is still rolling along more smiles and happy hunters the past 2 days, hopfully the Geese and Brant will start showing up anyday. A couple first time Alaska Duck hunters.

Beautiful photos.
    BK