Thread: Leather buttstock shell holders I made for myself

Talking Leather buttstock shell holders I made for myself

Posted 2 different leather buttstock shell holders I made completely by hand, using punches, needles and all the stuff that makes sore hands. One I made for my Stoeger Coach Gun in 12 gauge, has 4 shell loops and seperate 3 loops to seperate different shells (and also I did not have long pieces of leather at the time lol!) It will fit any standard 12 gauge stock. I made another from a picture I found online for my Savage 24C. It has 6 20 gauge shell loops and 5 .22 shell loop. My next project will be a 20 gauge buttstock shell holder for the wife's Remington 870. Can say it is kind of fun and stress relieving as she does her evening crafts also. She thinks I should make some to sell. Thoughts? Any recommendations on patterns or ideas? They sure are a ton better than those elastic things I used before that drop shells.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks neat. About making to sell.. do you think you can make a better product than some of the big leather companies? Or a less expensive product? One thing could do is get in to personnelizing the shell holders with Alaska scenes, customers names, (or their pysoudnims), offer to put just about anything the customer wants on it. Here in the interior, every year there are potlatches to remember a fallen family member or celibrate a birth or something. I have been asked where to find more personal gun covers, slings and such.

Who knows, you might find a nitch that needs filled.
    Good luck.

Chris

Great info! Thankyou!