Thread: Copper Center and Glennallen area?

Default Copper Center and Glennallen area?

Last time I lived in Alaska was in Barrow in 2000, and in Sikta before that.

I don't think I could get my wife to live in the high Arctic for million dollar job. So I was thinking about Copper Center area.

I'll have my small military retirement and willing to do about anything. I understand there are quite a few gov and state offices in that area.

Is there any hunting there?

The gal I talked to at the BLM office told me that moose and caribou in that area were for locals only and she gave out BLM permits for residents with the right paperwork.

Not looking to horn in on anyones prime spots, but I thought I would ask about it.

Seems to have much more mild weather than Fairbanks. I don't personally care, but the wife is concerned.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I would not consider Copper Center/Glennallen weather to be much milder than Fairbanks.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

When i lived in Barrow, the wintertime was milder than Fairbanks. I am personally not worried about it, but because of my retirement date I am moving back to Alaska in January of 2014. It is going to be a tremendous change from the Australian Capitol City in January (middle of Southern Hemisphere Summer) to road-system Alaska in January. Wife is concerned, but I think she will be fine.

Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak, or the Valley would be much more temperate.

I would rather live in the Wyoming or Montana than live in Anchorage or the Mat-Su. Just don't like hordes of people that much.