Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Processor preferences

Default Meat Processor preferences

Now that my Moose is ready for the processor, I'm looking for some feed back on which of these two have the better tasting sauasge products...Alaska Sausage or Pioneer meats...Thanx for the imput

PIONEER, hands down.
    Don't forget Indian Valley also....have some moose pepper bacon made by them!
    BK

Glenns for ground meat and Indian valley for the fancy stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Pioneer is Lisa off Pittman, right? If so, she is my choice also.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I just got my caribou back from glenns after dropping it off Wednesday morning, great turnaround imo. Anxious to try the bacon burger I got. Though had to go through Indian valley to get the smoked stuff. Not a bad price either. Though I realize this doesn't answer your question.

There are no better hot dogs than Alaska Sausage. Period. I also prefer their polish, but I could get that at other places and be pleased. I cannot pass up their hot dogs, though.

How are Glenns jalapeņo cheddar brats? Thinkin about givin them a try...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Seems that there is and will be a variety of responses on this subject, My burger is done by myself so...Let's get a little more spefic on...Who makes the best

Breakfast Sausage...
    Italian Sausage...
    Summer Sausage...
    Jalapeno Chedder Polish...
    Teriyaki Sticks...
    Brats...

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    How are Glenns jalapeņo cheddar brats? Thinkin about givin them a try...
    Glenn gets them done at Indian valley so you get the best of both worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Pioneer is Lisa off Pittman, right? If so, she is my choice also.
    I second this. She makes excellent sausage and burger. Had 2 moose sent to her so far.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

My daughter went to school with Lisa's daughter but I'm not biased.... she does a great job and you get your own meat back, within a week. Great stuff!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Mat-Su Valley Meats makes some excellent Jalapeno cheese dogs as well.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

We have all of our meat done by Lisa at Pioneer Meat, not only do they do an excellent job but you also get your own meat back. We spend alot of time cleaning our meat, after all we DO have to eat it, and we don't want it mixed in with someone else's meat that is just plain nasty. I also don't want six different animals mixed in with my meat and it come back to me labeled "moose".

We have a little extra spice added to our breakfast sausage, and off the list you mention we always do the Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage (this stuff is to die for!) and both the regular brats and the breakfast brats as well as the polish. We also add a little extra kick to the polish as well.

While a number of folks in our family prefer the hot dogs from AK Sausage, I find they are just super gamey. I really haven't found a hot dog that I would really recommend yet actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Bob View Post
    Seems that there is and will be a variety of responses on this subject, My burger is done by myself so...Let's get a little more spefic on...Who makes the best

Breakfast Sausage...
    Italian Sausage...
    Summer Sausage...
    Jalapeno Chedder Polish...
    Teriyaki Sticks...
    Brats...

Took a caribou to mat valley they are not my first choice. At least a dollar more expensive a pound for everything then others I've looked into. Had lots of breakfast sausage come back that was less than satisfactory. However the teriyaki sticks were pretty decent. This year I took my moose to Indian and well see how that goes. Everythin I've ever harriers was delicious.

I've taken my meat to Mat Valley for many years, started back when Wolfgang owned the place. The quality has always been excellent and their German sausage is very good. I just picked up my moose today and the sausage is awesome, as usual. My wife and I love it with our homemade kraut.
    JMHO
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

My opinion only, I offer the following. I came back to state in the Late 80's and needed a job so fell back on what I could do at the time. I went to work for Trapper Creek Custom meats. Growing up German, living in Germany and listening to my family tell me how it is supposed to taste. Here is my response,, make sure a German is behind the grinder. Ask the man that sells the product for a taste and you decide. It is your meat and he is providing you a service that you are paying **** good money for. Taste the product let your mind tell you what you like and go with that shop. Many shops have limited product control and put out meat as best the kid working the grinder mixes it. Alaska Sausage does good work, as does Mikes meat. Pioneer does very good product as well. Spend the Gas and find this out on your own.Sorry us Germans are funny that way. :O) Jeff

My husband and I have tired many processors through out the years...Alaska Sausage, Pioneer Meats, Mat-Valley. We always get our hamburger ground with Lisa at Pioneer Meats...great service and you watch her grind it and you bring it home. She makes great breakfast sausage and bratwurst. We love a lot of things at Alaska Sausage! We made a mistake this past year and tried the other place in the Valley(On the Palmer/Wasilla Hwy) for hot dogs...BIG mistake. I was cutting up the cheese/jalapeno hot dogs for the kids this summer and found a fly...did another cut, found another fly (they were WHOLE!!!). Called the manager to give him a heads up and he acted like it was no big deal. I am pretty easy going, but when he told me that it happens because people are bringing in dirty meat, dumpsters outside, etc. I was pretty disgusted! I did not want anything out of the deal, just wanted to let him know, but how he handled it was terrible. I will not be bringing our game there ever again!

I go through Lisa at Pioneer meats. Never had a complaint and her turnaround is quik. I have never heard anything good about the guy on PW HWY. It even smells bad when your in the store. I have heard that the best way to get what you want is to use Lisa for everything but dogs... I would agree that we all have different tastes and you should go around and test the more reputable places to find what you like.

For items that we do ot want to take the time to do(hotdogs,breakfast sausage, brats and such) Pioneer meats hands down. Over the years we too have tried most others and now only use Pioneer meats. For everything else(steaks, cube steaks, stew meat and hamburger) we do our selves. The wifes parents ran a meat processing house in Delta many years ago and she is good at getting animals done.

Thanx all for your imputs...Pioneer meats is where my vittles are getting processed...Thanx again

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast