Thread: Minto Village Airboating

Default Minto Village Airboating

I know we talked about airboating in Minto flats a short time ago, not much mention of the village. A brother of a friend is going duck hunting on Minto flats this weekend, I was invited to join in. He has contacts in Minto village and a place to leave his truck and trailer, public, not pvt. He has powerboat, not airboat. Says I can not bring my airboat to Minto Village, its illegal and would create a riot over it being run out of there. That the Minto natives consider it there land and that they do not like airboats. That my truck and trailer would be trashed if left there.

I know it is legal if not moose hunting on Minto. Does anybody who has been there know of any secure parking there, storage lot, etc. Has any airboaters on here been harassed or intimidated by residents of Minto? I should be able to park at the boat launch and not worry about my truck while I am gone, this is worse then parking at a remote trail head I'm being told. Any body have any facts on this. Thanks, Bud
    Wasilla

Game cam or two hidden nearby that could cover your truck?
    Insurance on truck up to date?
    2 thoughts that come to mind....
    BK

Older truck, I just carry liability on it. Bud
    Wasilla

I parked my truck and trailer at the launch last year and had no issues, heck most of the rigs there are nicer than mine.
    I would do it again, but dont know about the airboat thing? I dont know exactly where you plan to go? if you go out right in front of the village and make a nusicance you might ruffle some feathers (no pun intended), just the same as going right out in front of someones house.

Most of the river system is runable with a prop, and most of the locals all run props, perhaps they have a bad taste in their mouth from something that happened in the past?
    If you go, maybe the thing to do is ask around before you dump it in the water, mostly regular folks just doing their thing.............
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR