Thread: Bad Rollover on the Haul Road

Default Bad Rollover on the Haul Road

I saw this today as I was driving up to Prudhoe. I'm not certain, but this could be a family that I saw in Coldfoot headed north. The couple was a young married couple from Nuiqsut and had two kids that looked to be in the 3-4 year old range. There was a brand new kids wallet on the floor of the rear of the truck.

This family passed me about 20 miles south of Coldfoot heading north. I was going 60mph on a paved section (I know, I was speeding too), and they passed me like I was standing still.

I can only hope that whoever was in this accident is okay. Please people, treat this road with respect. This is the third rollover I've seen this year. This one is definately the worse though. The road is in very good shape, and this was on a relatively straight section that was in very good shape.

I saw that truck as well while driving by on August 21st. Truck looked pretty beat up, hopefully everyone inside got some timely help given the remote location.

I'm relieved to hear it wasn't that family, but regardless, I hope whoever it was came out of it okay.

it was there on the 19th of august
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I know the pic at coldfoot says "speed kills" its in the trucker section it even had a custom plate FMU i believe. pic was taken in july

That is an older accident, it was there on the 5th of Aug when I drove by on my way to Happy Valley.

Don't know any details, but it sure looks like someone could have been hurt bad.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Your Troopers up there should have a can of bright spray paint and mark these vehicles with a big "check mark" and date. It saved us a lot of repeat calls through dispatch.
    With "disabled" vehicles on the shoulder, we used a big orange crayon on the rear window. Again a checkmark and the date helped.

I'll see if I can talk to the troopers here for some more details and I'll offer to mark it on my way back to Fairbanks next week.

Talked to the troopers at lunch today. They were surprised the truck is still there. They said it happened about 6 weeks ago. Two people in the truck during the rollover. One walked away and the other was sent to town on a medivac.

Good to know they made it out alive. Hopefully the driver learned something from it.

Six weeks and still has all the parts and wheels on it?, lol. ( j/k) just shows we still have respect in ALASKA.

Hope all that were in the crash are getting better.

It does bring up the question why its still there tho.