Thread: Question

Default Question

Can you hunt waterfowl in the city limits when there is a city ordinance that states no shooting in the city? I am asking this because my friend lives on a stream and their neighbors are shooting ducks and they said a trooper told them it was ok during duck hunting season.
    Does state hunting regulations override city ordinances when in season?

As far as I know if you are inside city limits that do not allow the discharge of a firearm then they are breaking the law. I would notify the local authorities and let them handle it.

My friends called the troopers and the troopers had said it was up to the city to handle it.
    I am sure with it being first day of the season, they are getting all kinds of calls.

You can use a bow in some cases........but that is not what is going on here I gather?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

they were doin the BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon_bone View Post
    My friends called the troopers and the troopers had said it was up to the city to handle it.
    I am sure with it being first day of the season, they are getting all kinds of calls.
    Troopers are unlikely to give citations for city ordinances - requires the state to spend time and money for fines that get paid to the city.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

In Anchorage, the discharge of firearms is illegal UNLESS you are actively shooting at game in an area open to hunting (or at an established range of course). And there are a lot of areas in the Anchorage bowl that are open to hunting (especially small game).
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

From the muni.org site -

Anchorage Municipal Code 8.25.030 regulates Discharge of Firearms within the Municipality. It states, in part, it is unlawful for any person to knowingly shoot, discharge, or flourish any firearm, air rifle or air pistol within the MOA except in those areas open to the public for lawful hunting or upon established shooting ranges.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....