Thread: Looking for someone to hunt with (learn from) in Fairbanks.

Default Looking for someone to hunt with (learn from) in Fairbanks.

I have never hunted waterfowl. I want to learn. The people I know have no desire to hunt waterfowl, only big game. I just bought a dozen cheap Mallard decoys (6 drakes, 6 hens). I have a cheap duck call and a cheap goose call (I really don't know how to use them). I also don't really know where to go either. I don't have a boat or a 4 wheeler.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pikeslayer77,

I don't know when you check this site, but if your up for it I'll be out at south cushman parking lot around 0530 next to the gate before you turn to go to the shooting range. I'm in a silver quad cab chevy. Bring your hen deks and all your gear. I plan on staying as long as I can.

I also sent you a PM with my number.

Terry

Hey sorry, I didn't check the site earlier or I would of definately gone. I went by myself yesterday morning to creamer's and got 7 mallards. I checked my PMs and I don't have anything I tried to send one to you and it says I don't have permission for it. I checked my email and it has your number in it, when would be a good time to call or when are you going out again.

Just call when you can. I want to go back out tonight.

My duck hunting is over for a little bit, my gun almost blew up on me. I need to see if the company is going to replace it or I have to buy a new barrel when I get paid. I did manage to get 4 Lesser Scaup before it happened. The mallards weren't really flying out there this morning.

Give me a call anyways... 907-750-4740