Thread: any experience with freeze dried food from dailybread.com ??

Question any experience with freeze dried food from dailybread.com ??

Tonight I tried a free sample dinner they sent me, and I'm impressed. I actually tastes good; I like it way better than Mountain House.

It's got a 25 year shelf life too.

This is something I could take on a hunting trip where weight matters. When going afield in my big canoe, I just pack canned food and beverages; weight is not an issue then. But for hiking or ATV'ing, this might make a real light and tasty choice.

Anyone used these guys? As per forum rules, if you have positive either post it here or PM me, and if you have some negative feedback, please just PM me and not post it. Our mods around here work hard enough already.

where do you get this just off the net?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I have had some exprerience with some of the socalled long term freeze dried food's items and some of them are just like the socalled store bought items ..I have used the mash potatoes & rice & beans & few other mixs that some of the company offer's

Default When was the war of 1812 fought?

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    where do you get this just off the net?
    Check the subject line, my friend.

Default ditto for http://wisefoodstorage.com/

I'm looking at them too now.

I tried some Hawk Vittles this sheep season and they were way better than MH.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Check the subject line, my friend.
    I have visionssteel.com but I sell locally too as well as worldwide so why ask the question about the war of 1812, ya might be able to buy stuff local
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default because...

so why ask the question about the war of 1812
    Only because I'm naturally a bit of a smart ass. Sorry, don't mean to offend.

Or as I've phrased it before: "Please don't take it personally. Pissing people off just comes naturally to me". Everyone has their talents, and I guess that is one of mine....

Ahh come on....I hear how "nasty" mountain house is...Yet when your out of food,miles from camp the first thing out of many mouths is "how good a mountain house is gonna be....Freeze dried is gonna taste like freeze dried,it's up to you to provide real food on a backpack hunt!!!!

Default I WANT one of those mega-treestands!

I have visionssteel.com
    VERY nice web site IR. My land goes back into the forest behind my house a ways North, towards the little su, far enough that I can't see my house. I sure would LOVE to have one of those mega tree houses your site shows, but I'm pretty sure its out of my price range.... If you don't mind, I'd love to hear either what you charged to make it, or what you would charge to make another. PM if you want, or more probably, you might want to say openly, that maybe others might be interested too.

Again, very nice web site; I love how it shows off the high quality work that you've done.

Default liking MH...... not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    Ahh come on....I hear how "nasty" mountain house is...
    As I've quoted in previous hunt reports here on this site; I'm no MH fan.

I was quite prepared to dislike the sample from dailybread.com, but to my chagrin I actually liked it. We divvy'd up the single portion of all 5 of us here, and it actually got 5 thumbs up.

I greatly dislike the salesman that sent the free sample though. I could go on about how awful he was, but I won't. Even if I do buy from dailybread.com, it will NOT be from him.

Family Man,
    Due to your posting, we filled out the form for the free sample as well. When the guy called to "confirm" our address and chat, my wife asked who makes the freeze dried food they are selling......MOUNTAIN HOUSE!!
    So, thay are selling Mountain House repackaged I guess.
    I'll let ya know how it is when they send us our samples....
    BK

Default google is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Family Man,
    Due to your posting, we filled out the form for the free sample as well. When the guy called to "confirm" our address and chat, my wife asked who makes the freeze dried food they are selling......MOUNTAIN HOUSE!!
    So, thay are selling Mountain House repackaged I guess.
    I'll let ya know how it is when they send us our samples....
    BK
    I've been googling them but good lately, and did find a few posts saying exactly that. And found another post from a guy that placed a 4 grand order, and only a small part of the food he got was MH, with the remainder being of a lesser than MH quality.

My first contact with the dailybread.com people came about from when my wife signed up for a free sample. That salesman was so rude to me. I tried to correct his rude ways a number of times, then gave up, and merely (interupting his nonstop chatter) saying Good Day! And I hung up then. He called back one minute later, and meekly asked if I was the guy that he'd just been talking to for 15 minutes (yes, he hadn't even asked my name, in 15 minutes of arm-twisting he was doing to me). I said yes and he says he's sorry; he's talking from a cell phone so it must have cut out and the disconnect must have been his fault. Since he was polite during the second call I allowed it to continue another 10 minutes.

He called a week after we got our sample, and my wife then agreed with me that he was rude as heck. And she knew he was lying when he tried to close the deal with her, saying that I had told him that dropping 4 or 5 grand on 25 year shelf-life food was "just pocket change for us"..... Yeah, like I would say that to a salesman....

So to sum up, the salesman was dumb, pushy, a jerk, and lied directly to my wife. Having said all that, his sample product "meat goulash" actually did get 5 thumbs up from all members of my family here.

You guys should try some stuff from www.cachelake.com they do have good fry breads,,,I like there stuff, my kids so so. little pricey but fun and good,,,it sure takes that edge off your cravings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakn View Post
    You guys should try some stuff from www.cachelake.com they do have good fry breads,,,I like there stuff, my kids so so. little pricey but fun and good,,,it sure takes that edge off your cravings.
    I can't find where they state the shelf life of their products. I'm personally looking more for long-shelf-life than camping-food.