Thread: Thank you for the brown bear in my classroom!

Default Thank you for the brown bear in my classroom!

Itís taken me way too long to post a thank you on the site but just before school started this year (couple weeks ago) B&C 04, Boomer and several other guys from their unit on base had a brown bear tanned out for my classroom. I was given the bear last spring by fish and game and B&C 04 hooked me up with Tundra Taxidermy in Houston (who did a great job!) and the rest is history. I was able to cover most of a large wall with it in my classroom. I have a nice little 5'8 black bear next to it for comparison. The kids love it, they can't believe this bear came from the Valley, most had never seen the claws of one up close.

I know some of the guys that donated money to have it done are on the forum and I apologize for not knowing your names. I hope you can all chime in and everyone gives you REP points.

Thanks again

Teacherman

brown bear.JPG

classroom 046.jpg

A pic of the AK wall in my classroom with the new brown bear.

1st rep goes to you, i'll get those donaters as they come.

great thing you got goin there.

maybe next year i can be in your class. i'm 41, is that ok?
    edit signature here

Man, you're killing me. I've got some pretty good stuff going on in my classroom - a river otter, a sea otter, a few caribou skulls and a sea turtle, but that wall is looking great! Good stuff there, and hats off to the men who made it possible.

(For those wondering, the sea otter and turtle were donated by enforcement agencies that confiscated them and were obtained before my time.)

Chris-
    Your very welcome! Any teacher nowadays that is actively teaching the "Great Outdoors" gets my support 100%!! I'm glad your students enjoyed the hide, It was our pleasure to be able to help you out with getting it done for you. Hope you get a chance to get out of the classroom and chase a moose.

B&C 04
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

I still have that coyote skull I said I would donate to you. Let me know.

Skulls are a great way to get interest of the outdoors in the classroom. I clean and donate skulls to a family member for his classroom. He has close to 30 different skulls in his class room from moose to mouse and most every thing Alaskan in between. A few odd balls from other places to challenge thought. His "boys " are the talk of the entire school.

Hmmmm.............................Gotta love Colony High school !!!!

Go Knights !!!!

Thanks guys!
    Brian, you should see my African wall! I have an African Elephant Skull (no ivory), giraffe hide, Impala European, three wart hog Europeans (only one with tusks), oryx European, a gemsbok European, and a piece of cape buffalo hide and hoof, and other misc African hides. Great pieces. I'm in the process of acquiring several more pieces from Africa via the East Coast. The only thing holding me back at this point on them is shipping costs. I also have a great whitetail collection in there, 23 (4 shoulder mounts, three over 160 one at 189), 6 mule deer, 2 Sitka black tail, 5 antelope, and a bunch of bear skulls (both black and brown), along with a bunch of other misc skulls and other shoulder mounts including a buffalo from Wyoming. In the back room we also have a nice bull moose and caribou soaking. Iím teaching them how to clean skulls using the enzymes in Bizz Laundry detergent. All great pieces that I use in teaching but the real reason I do it is kids love coming into my room and thatís what I'm trying to accomplish!

Teacherman you are doing a great job keeping kids interested in school and the outdoors wish I had a teacher like you when I was still in school!

I have a tanned skunk and marmot if you care to add it to your classroom. And s bunch of misc fur peices from mounts.

Chris,

Glad we could help out, bud. I agree with what B&C says 100% and I'm more than happy to have been a part of it. Turns out, one of your wrestlers is the son of a hunting buddy of mine. Small world! Glad the kids enjoyed it and let us know if we can help out in the future!

Boomer

Awesome that your teaching kids that stuff. I once did a complete rabbit skeleton rearticulation for bonus points in 7th grade science. I still remember the experience and the education.

Well the Army says be all you can be and in this case these men really shine
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you