Thread: 405 Wichester Bullets

Default 405 Wichester Bullets

I just traded for a Winchester Model 1895 in 405 Win. I am trying to find a supplier for .412 hard cast bullets in 350 grain and 400 grain. It is a great gun and shoots well. It's just hard to find bullets for. I found a 400 grain Woodleigh JSP but it is .410.

Not sure about where to find cast bullets other than to suggest buying a mold and supplying your own. But I know that Hawk, and Hornady both make jacketed bullets for the old "Medicine gun". I would bet that those Weldcores are the right dia for the cartridge, I can't think of any other rifle that has a similar bore size. Have you slugged your bore, sometimes what the blueprint calls for isn't what you get when it comes to bore size, especially if it's an original 95.

Cool gun either new or old. Best of luck in your search.

Simply cast your own bullets - you can pay for the mold and relatively inexpensive Lee sizer with the cost savings of one or two boxes of bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by North of 60 View Post
    I just traded for a Winchester Model 1895 in 405 Win. I am trying to find a supplier for .412 hard cast bullets in 350 grain and 400 grain. It is a great gun and shoots well. It's just hard to find bullets for. I found a 400 grain Woodleigh JSP but it is .410.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Try contacting "Oregon Trail" lazer cast bullets . They make quality hard cast bullets, I used to get 405 bullets from them. They will also size them to your specs.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

You might try Lee Stoner here in Wasilla. He owns Stoner Cast Bullets.