Thread: Fishing from Whittier?

Default Fishing from Whittier?

Any info on how far out you have to go for silvers this Labor Day Weekend? I haven't been out for 2 weeks and they were still pretty far out. although I did catch some south of Perry Island and South of Culross? any new reports? Pigot Point yet? Wondering if I have to go way out or what?

Thanks much and I'll post when I get back in after the weekend?

My Pigot fishing has gone downhill the last two weeks. I am trying to remain hopeful.

I hit Pigot on Sunday for a couple hours, saw one fish caught. I did not have my down riggers out so I was just trolling with big 4 oz weights. I could see fish on the sounder at 50-80 ft around the reflector at pigot. I think with some work and the downriggers I could have scored. My brother should be going out today or tomorrow. I will report what he gets if he tells me.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

A few silvers and old humpies were cruising around the harbor last weekend. Read somewhere that fishing for silvers was great in front of town but at least the day I was there it seemed very slow.