Thread: reccomend taxidermist for head and hoof on goat rug?

Default reccomend taxidermist for head and hoof on goat rug?

just got back from harvesting a nice 10-11 year old billie out of nellie juan and need to know who would be a good taxi in or near anchorage for a head and hoof on goat rug. i will attach a pic from online for referance. any help is appreceated.

Rabbit,
    I have been very pleased with Fosters Taxidermy out in Wasilla. Never had a goat done, but I have had Dan do bear, lynx and wolverine for me and they are all beautiful. He is usually pretty busy (sign of a good taxidermist) so if you want it back before a year you will probably need to go elsewhere. You can check out his shop and studio to see the quality of his work.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    just got back from harvesting a nice 10-11 year old billie out of nellie juan and need to know who would be a good taxi in or near anchorage for a head and hoof on goat rug. i will attach a pic from online for referance. any help is appreceated.
    Rabbit,

I've not yet successfully harvested my goat but hope to in the next few weeks. If successful I would find myself in a similar situation regarding a goat rug mount. Can you share some details of what you found / learned in your search?

Thank you,

Nick

Consider givcing Dave McClannahan a call at Lone wolf Taxidermy. He's done a number of things for me and his work is outstanding. Arrange to stop by and talk to him. He'll show you things and discuss what you need then you can decide. No pressure. 696-3611

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    Consider givcing Dave McClannahan a call at Lone wolf Taxidermy. He's done a number of things for me and his work is outstanding. Arrange to stop by and talk to him. He'll show you things and discuss what you need then you can decide. No pressure. 696-3611
    Yep. Dave's only guy I have work on my critters. He'll do my goat this year.............assuming I get a goat.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

What's the best way to dress out the goat for a rug mount? From what I've read online it seems that your cut should be on the belly side from the top of the neck to the anus with center cuts down each leg. Do you have any recommendations for the hooves, eyes, ears, lips, and nose?

Call your taxidermist concerning where to make the specific cuts. What you describe sounds about right. As far as the eyes, lips nose, turn them as usual. I have a presentation by Dave (Lone Wolf) that describes in text and pictures how to turn eyes, nose and ears on a bear, it would basically be the same for a goat.