Thread: Impeller help

Default Impeller help

I have a three stage hamilton jet and in need of advice or help. I pulled the motor,replaced the machanical seal,and bearings. Then I picked up and new ss overlap and two rebuilt 23* pitch impellers. This to give you a little background.
    This is the problem. The front leading edge of the impellers right on the outer tip hits the fixed fins inside the stator. anyone have any idea or willing to take a look. I can smell the water and I really want to get it to water.
    Thks AK D

I would give Hamilton a call, they are usually very helpfull.

Give AFF a call 907-357-9323 they do the best work for your three stage Hamilton and have a ton of useful info I had recent similar issues while installing a Scott overlap and they helped a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Yentna_rat I'll go buy there today and see what they have to say thanks

On your front overlap you need a spacer that is about 3/4" long or so in front of the impeller. If you dont have this, the impeller will ride forward and the bearing sleeve will not sit in the cutlass right. The rear impellers will begin to rub on the trailing edge of the stators and hub.

If you switched to the overlap from a standard impeller with the cone, you will probably need to add that spacer. One way to check is the front impeller should only have minimal clearance between it and the front of the stator. I suppose you could make one yourself by cutting down a cutlass bearing sleeve to install in front of the impeller.

On my Scott impellers, I had to add about a 2mm spacer to push my impellers back just a bit. I only did this to get the impeller as close to the stator as it could go without hitting.

Let us know what you find.

Joe
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Right on Joe you nailed it. . I'm new to jet boats and trying to bring life to a boat thats been sitting covered since 1984. A new top will come as soon I get the impellers back on. You guys have benn a great help. Thank's to you all for responding
    AK D