Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Big Red

Default Honda Big Red

I have been looking for one of these nifty three wheelers for about 2 years now. Well, my day has finally come!
    I just finished cleaning up and replacing a few parts on a good condition 85' 250es Big Red. She has full suspension, reverse, and an electric start. All work perfectly after some tune up. Looks like the front rack and gas tank are after-market but the rest looks classic and in great condition. I'll replace the tank/rack when I find the parts.

Anyone else around here like these old trikes? Any stories/pics?

Attached Images Attached Images

Any special maintenance considerations on these? I have a couple new air filters on the way from G&H discount.

well im very angry you have such a nice big red and i got a beat to heck one!

mine isnt as nice.
    Semper Fi!

Do five wheels count?

Attachment 52299

Im a huge 3 wheeler fan who grew up riding Honda ATCs. Nice trike. The shaft drive really beats the heck out of the chain drive that some of the smaller 200's had. The drum brakes can be a bit of weak point on them, so just keep them maintained and dry.

Great pic thorn!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if she makes you happy, who are we to judge

Thanks for the tips outnabout. I love the drive-shaft, and you're right, the brakes are the weak link in the otherwise solid unit. I grew up on an 84' 200es ATC and it started the love affair I have for these sweet machines. I used to float it out in jim creek, my friends never laughed so hard in thier life, great times.

R Walter that attachment didn't work for me but I'd love to see what 5 wheels look like.

tccak I know you're out there, post up your old school trike!

Here are the five wheels
    Attachment 52346

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    I love the drive-shaft, and you're right, the brakes are the weak link in the otherwise solid unit.
    They have brakes, on a 3 Wheeler? Who'd a thunk it! I thought it was a cosmetic lever!

Dang that is a nice 3 wheeler! I grew up on one when I was a kid. I still hope one day Ill run into it out on a trail. It has a real distinctive fork on it so I will know it when I see it. Those hondas sure did help open this state up.

Ive got a story, my dads buddy, going down monument, with a full load and trailer got skidding out of control and he flipped it and broke his collar bone. My Dad and his other friend had to ride out all the way to the roadhouse to call for help. We did numerous trips like that. Dangerous as heck, but really the only way. I have since ridden all those places with my 6 wheeler and I cant fathom how we did it, or how no one was killed.

I rolled mine on me when I was going to fast over the tussoks out at eureaka.

I had one. Rode the heck out of it. Glad I never have to ride one again
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    well im very angry you have such a nice big red and i got a beat to heck one!

mine isnt as nice.
    Your wheeler is cool "thorn. It just needs fringe thingies coming out the end of the handle grips.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Your wheeler is cool "thorn. It just needs fringe thingies coming out the end of the handle grips.
    it needs a 6 pack rack and some boat beer can holders so when i do wheelies they dont spill on my crotch.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    it needs a 6 pack rack and some boat beer can holders so when i do wheelies they dont spill on my crotch.
    What! I figured you to be a "Hold my beer while I..." kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    What! I figured you to be a "Hold my beer while I..." kind of guy.
    nope i dont trust others with my beer. had a buddy forget he was holding my beer onetime and was using it for a spit can. good thing i seen him spitting in it before i asked for it back.
    Semper Fi!

Default hold my beer watch this...

Default here is my fleet

got 3 yamaha and 3 big reds over at my setnet site
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (37.2 KB, 66 views)

Nice Big red, I grew up on these, from 110's to 250R's. Had a ball on em but never had anything as cool as thorns.

I have an 82 big red no pic but so far it has proven its self to be a little work horse. So far I am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    I have been looking for one of these nifty three wheelers for about 2 years now. Well, my day has finally come!
    I just finished cleaning up and replacing a few parts on a good condition 85' 250es Big Red. She has full suspension, reverse, and an electric start. All work perfectly after some tune up. Looks like the front rack and gas tank are after-market but the rest looks classic and in great condition. I'll replace the tank/rack when I find the parts.

Anyone else around here like these old trikes? Any stories/pics?

hey we should get togeather for a jim creek 3 wheeler only trail ride sometimes. would be kinda fun 3 wheelers only. how about u and i start a alaska 3 wheeler club? i already got a website we can use
    Semper Fi!

Let's do it Thorn! Trikes only. Should be good small game hunting out at Jims soon, could make for a fun afternoon.

Butte bashers beware; the sheriff is officially on patrol!
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast