Thread: shotgun plug ??

Default shotgun plug ??

Does anybody know if you are required to plug your shotgun when hunting small or large game. I can't find much on the ADFW website regarding specifics capacities. I'm sticking to a shotgun for grouse/ptarmagin and bear protection (I dont want to carry two guns). Somebody mentioned to me that you cannot have more than three rounds, but that may be just for ducks. I remember seeing those orange plugs that come with the firearm, but don't think I kept it. Thanks!

Really I think it is just for waterfowl that you are required to have the plug in, but a quick call to the F&G would verify that.

As far as the plug goes, a 3/8 wooden dowl works well .

Yeah I am not hunting waterfoul.. just dumb chickens, anything small and anything large. I guess I could call them and stop being lazy

You are fine if you are not hunting waterfowl.

The old wooden pencil works well also. Depending on the model of shotgun, taking the tube apart and putting two rounds above the follower in the spring also works- and gives you emergency ammo if needed.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    The old wooden pencil works well also. Depending on the model of shotgun, taking the tube apart and putting two rounds above the follower in the spring also works- and gives you emergency ammo if needed.

Chris
    Chris
    I realize that your method will work to limit the magizne to 2 "useable" loads BUT, I would certainly check it out with a trooper, before using it where a 3 shot limit was in effect. Even though they are not where they could be run through a firing cycle, they are still in the magazine and I fear could be a basis for a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    You are fine if you are not hunting waterfowl.
    What he said.