I'll be up in the Petersburg area for some duck hunting (first time ever!). I'll be staying an extra week before the hunt to spend some time in town. Any fishing opportunities in first week of October in the Petersburg area? No boat acces, car only.

Below I copied/pasted some stuff from www.alaskafishingak.com Most of the stuff might not be applicable in October.

Can anyone advise if there are other opportunities for fishing in October (without access to a boat)? I am one of those guys that could fish for dollies or herring for 5 days straight if need be.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Falls Creek Fishing

Falls Creek is a road accessible creek that is about 11 miles south of Petersburg. Silver Salmon Fishing is popular in late Summer and Fall, also Steelhead are caught in Falls Creek in the Spring. Pink Salmon and Chum Salmon also make runs up the creek and act as a fun and easily accessible fishery for those who are just looking for a good bend in the rod.
Fishing in Big Bear Creek

Fishing in Big Bear Creek can produce excelling Silver Salmon and Steelhead. When the Coho and sea run rainbows are not in the creek you do not need to be discouraged. Cutthroat Trout, and Dolly Varden are available all summer long and regularly attack flies and spinners. Getting there is easy as it is situated around between mile 9 and mile 10 on Three Lakes Loop Road.
Blind River Fishing

Local fisherman love to drive the easy 15 miles to get to the accessible and productive King Salmon Fishing in the Blind River. Between June and Early August the giant Chinook King Salmon are thick in the river, regularly striking flies, streamers, spinners, and spoons. Steelhead run into the river in May. The Crystal Lake Hatchery regularly releases King and Silver Salmon smolts into the nearby Crystal Creek, this sports fishing enhancement program helps supplement natural runs by contributing additional salmon to the area that are just waiting for you to come catch them.
Petersburg Lake, and Fishing in Petersburg Creek

Another one of the most productive freshwater fishing spots is Petersburg Creek, located just across the Wrangell Narrows from Petersburg, it is only accessible by boat. Silver Salmon, Pink Salmon, Chum Salmon, and Sockeye or Red Salmon all make runs up the river. Steelhead are present in the Spring, and Dolly Varden and Cutthroat are present all year long.