Thread: seasonal reminders

Default seasonal reminders

Took some time during lunch to review the Trooper daily dispatches. I skip the drunk driver stuff and head right down to the wildlife stuff.

Remember to validate your tag/permit (if required for your animal and unit) prior to starting to field dress it. There are at least three guys with their Teir I/II tags that are paying an additional fine to the state for their caribou. The cost of not taking a minute and notching out those little spots around the edge of the permit would pay for a lot of meat processing. don't forget to sign the permit as well.

Also keep in mind that all edible meat has to be removed before you take the horns out. A few guys up on the Dalton are paying a heavy price for that choice. The out of staters do not surprise me, but the local guys should know better.

Also any guides (local and out of stater) that guide a 14 year old client to a sub legal sheep should just quit the business. The industry does not need your services. (August 25 listing and yes they name the guides, but not the kid.)

I still find it remarkable that folks cannot count "one fish, two fish" when it comes to limits.

Keeping with forum policy we cannot post links to any of the dispatches. However it is public information and free for all of you to review on your own.

Dont forget to step ALL THE WAY off the road before you shoot. Or at least look over both shoulders for a trooper first.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

There's a 43" moose on the back of the local wildlife trooper's ATV right now. Two very apparent brow tines on each side. Who can't count to three?
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    There's a 43" moose on the back of the local wildlife trooper's ATV right now. Two very apparent brow tines on each side. Who can't count to three?
    Maybe they thought the rule was four brow tines total? Half way there....

Problem is that 43 incher was left to rot in the woods when the shooter descovered his mistake. ouch!!