Thread: Video Report: Valdez Allison Point 26-28 AUG 2011

Default Video Report: Valdez Allison Point 26-28 AUG 2011

8/26 - 8/28 Valdez II: Went back to Valdez for a saltwater charter with AlcanRon when two open seats showed on the Otter Dodger web site. The stars seemed aligned as weather reports had seas at 2 feet in PWS and 9 feet in the Gulf of Alaska. Called to check a couple times on cancel and all seemed well until the morning of the trip. CANCELED due to weather...wow so what do you do when captain cancels the morning of the charter in Valdez? Fish Allison Point of course. So we went off to chuck spinners at the point during the incoming tide. Great choice, the coho where biting and we had a lot of action. One can easy get a limit of salmon from the bank right now. We manged a limit for each of us in about 3 to 4 hours each day at the tide. So we saved some money from the cancellation and harvested about 40 lbs of salmon each for the weekend trip, Thanks Captain!

Heres the video link: http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...6ce31165e139a4

comments always welcome, the good, bad and ugly
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Awesome as usual man. Looks like you had some great weather too!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    8/26 - 8/28 Valdez II: Went back to Valdez for a saltwater charter with AlcanRon when two open seats showed on the Otter Dodger web site. The stars seemed aligned as weather reports had seas at 2 feet in PWS and 9 feet in the Gulf of Alaska. Called to check a couple times on cancel and all seemed well until the morning of the trip. CANCELED due to weather...wow so what do you do when captain cancels the morning of the charter in Valdez? Fish Allison Point of course. So we went off to chuck spinners at the point during the incoming tide. Great choice, the coho where biting and we had a lot of action. One can easy get a limit of salmon from the bank right now. We manged a limit for each of us in about 3 to 4 hours each day at the tide. So we saved some money from the cancellation and harvested about 40 lbs of salmon each for the weekend trip, Thanks Captain!

Heres the video link: http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...6ce31165e139a4

comments always welcome, the good, bad and ugly
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

WOOHOO! Gotta love that weather.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Awesome as usual man. Looks like you had some great weather too!
    Soda...when are you going?

I'm thinking I need to go this weekend again.

Nice video...restores my faith that there are some fish there to be had.....

Yes.............lets talk about the weather! The fishing was as hot as the weather!

Haha! I know man. AAANND you called it! You just knew the fish would show up didnt you!

I'll head down there on wednesday night I think. I'll stick around until Sunday.
    We can meet up when you arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Soda...when are you going?

I'm thinking I need to go this weekend again.

Nice video...restores my faith that there are some fish there to be had.....
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Nice video! I was there over the weekend also. Great weather, great fishing, great times!

They seemed to be hitting about everything we threw at em!

-akiceman25

Sweet oh! Nice vid!

Looks like a blast. I might just have to try that!

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Haha! I know man. AAANND you called it! You just knew the fish would show up didnt you!

I'll head down there on wednesday night I think. I'll stick around until Sunday.
    We can meet up when you arrive.
    I'm shooting for a late Friday night arrival. Haven't checked tide times yet, but figure Saturday and maybe Sunday fishing, then bomb back to town. Email me your number, I'll find you when I get there....

Anyone in the know, when is the best time to fish Allison? On the incoming or outgoing tide? And where, exactly, is the spot to fish? I've never done well on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Anyone in the know, when is the best time to fish Allison? On the incoming or outgoing tide? And where, exactly, is the spot to fish? I've never done well on that side.
    I fished the incoming tide and did very well. Saw others fishing the outgoing tide and still catching them.
    On Sunday the entire south bank was lined with fishermen. Fishing on the rocks you can get some distance from others.
    Or... Right where the trees begin on the right side of the road there is a beachy area with much better footing, this is the area I chose to fish but was somewhat packed with people, all very decent people I might add.
    A few black bears would show up at outgoing tide but they didn't bother anyone.

-akiceman25
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Thanks...I've seen a lot of folks fishing that beach area on the inside curve, so I figured that must be a productive spot to be that popular.

I've always just accidentally timed it where nobody was catching anything at Allison, but off the city dock I would do quite well. I'm hoping for an opposite of that this year, as I'd really like to catch something at Allison for once....lol.

Awesome as usual and never failing to please! Great video and awesome fishing! Keep the pics and videos coming, Dennis!

Cool video man, fish on!

I am glad to see you did good with the salmon makes me feel a little better after canceling your halibut charter.

Way to salvage a busted charter. Nice video guys.