Thread: Freshwater regulations for coho on POW

Default Freshwater regulations for coho on POW

I will be river fishing for coho on POW next week. I have fished there before, but almost exclusively in saltwater. I know the saltwater regulations pretty well, but I am concerned about any differences in regulations for freshwater. I have tried to read all the relevant regulations, but thought it would be good to ask the local experts too. What are the gotchas?
    Thanks,
    Big_E

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...s.se_sportfish

Follow the link to the SE regulations. Fresh Water Coho from Cape Fairweather to Dixon Entrance is 6 fish over 16" daily, 12 in possession. You'll have to look at the POW to see if there are any special regs for the body of water you're fishing, but I don't see any for Coho anyway.

Thanks for confirming the limits. Last time I fished POW I had somebody tell me the daily limit was 2 coho in some of the rivers, but I have never seen that in print. I have been a little concerned about things like max/min leader length, maximum hook size, number of hooks, etc, all of which I am used to seeing in the regulations for the other places I fish. The Alaska regs are so simple relative to the mess we have to deal with in CA I just worry that I am missing something.

Thanks,

Big_E