Thread: My daughters moose hunt video

Default My daughters moose hunt video

Enjoy!

Amber shot this moose around 7am on Sunday the 28th. I put her in for a few of the early season antlerless hunts in 20B. She drew the middle Chatanika hunt.

Moose shot with a .243 with 95 grain federal ammunition. First shot destroyed the front leg bone and split the scapula in half. The exit hole was filled with shards of bone and looked like somebody threw a baseball through her. The heart had 4 or 5 cuts through it from bone.

The first moose we watched for over half an hour until we finally spoke to one of residents of the area that gave us permission to shoot it. Once we set up, she left and never presented a decent shot. I think she gave us a little piece of her mind when she went into the woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5CXyBnck3E

Very cool , love to see the videos !

Looks like you were more excited for your daughter than she was for herself. Way to go.

Did you tell her she had to pack it out since she killed it ?

I think she was in sort of a stage of shock.

Her and her cousin knew they had the men along for something. We had the 4 wheeler to take the moose out on, so this was pretty easy going. I actually regret not making her work a little more out there, but this is only her first rodeo.

Congratulations to you and your daughter. Great video.

So awesome! I had a huge smile on my face throughout this whole video. Love seeing stuff like that. Congrats Amber!!!

That is sweet!!! Jerry you working more in Fairbanks? Meat in the freezer!

Yea, I'm here a lot more now. It's been so much better being able to get the Fairbanks business going and spending more time with the family. The work I'm doing up north is routine and can be scheduled, so I head up there, get it done and head back home. I'm driving back up on the 1st.

That was sooo cool ! My 10 yr. Old daughter drew a cow tag down here pt.mackenzie/ knik area. We almost hooked up with a big old cow friday evening, but spooked her when we moved in for a better shot.hopefully we will connect this evening .

Awesome video! I just showed my son and I believe he now has the courage to go! Congrat's!

Way to go DaD!