Thread: Yukon Moose DM 802

Default Yukon Moose DM 802

Greetings... been a while since I posted (mostly on fishing)... My wife and I drew a DM 802 permit this year (between Tanana and Nowitna). I am a totally green Yukon ROOKIE!!!

Looking for general information, tips, cautions, etc. I will be taking my Koffler sled and it looks like launching at the bridge (vs. Manley with a prop.. 4 hours in the boat or in the truck???)

I looked at the Doyon maps and it seems like the open areas are very restricted. Any suggestions on camp sites would be great. Heck, I would even enjoy GPS coordinates if someone was so inclined...

What about fishing?

Looking forward to the replies

Camp by the Palisades. If you don't find moose you can at least look for tusks and bones....................below the high water mark of course!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks for the pointer. When I look at the Doyon maps, it looks like the Palisades is outside of the Native alotments, is it otherwise private?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfishguides View Post
    Thanks for the pointer. When I look at the Doyon maps, it looks like the Palisades is outside of the Native alotments, is it otherwise private?
    Don't just look at Doyon maps. The palisades is inside Nowitna refuge.
    The North side of the river has occasional griz along the river. South side has sloughs, creeks, etc. Plenty of places to pull off the main river and cruise real slow looking/calling for moose. Lots of islands to cruise around and maybe even try driving some smaller ones.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

My hunting partner and I will be in the area as well. We drew party on DM802. We have been down that river many times but not in several years. We'll be at the bridge on the 13th in a 24' Valco, 130 honda, prop also. That part of the river is relatively trouble free. It can get a little tricky right at Tanana where the rivers converge. Just bring a good depthfinder with you for sure.