Thread: Sewer Pump out in Anchorage??

Default Sewer Pump out in Anchorage??

I forgot to empty the sewage tank on the boat this trip out... now I have a boat that is not going back in the water for two weeks and is full of crap so to speak. Anyone know of a sewage pump out in Anchorage or the the valley? If not I guess its getting a big dose of the "smell nice" stuff and I will get it next time out.

Thanks,

John
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Gas station in ER should have one.

May have a place where RVs dump their waste, but if a pumpout is what JR2 needs then that won't work for him I don't believe. I've been through all this before and ended up buying a waste pump, mounting it to a board, adding clips to the wires so I can hook it up to my 12V boat battery, getting hose, and pumping my waste tank into the septic system at my house. One nice thing about Seward is their free pumpout stations.

Yep I need a "Pump Out" not just a place to dump. I guess its time to look into making my own, never considered pumping it into my septic system, that would be easy other than the 30 ft of hose it would take.

I briefly considered going to the RV dump and holding a hose tight against the side of the boat and hitting the macerator pump and letting it pump it out to the hose, the possibility of error there was just too high. Besides this gives me another excuse to take the boat out again this year.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

If you don't get your boat out anymore this season, let me know and you can borrow my setup. I'm out toward the nature center.
    Ya just gotta promise to rinse the equipment good when you're finished

JR2:

A flexible rubber coupler, a couple appropriate sized band clamps and plastic electrial conduit from Browns Electric to our septic works well for me on our Kingfisher......I tie a thin rope from the hose where it starts to bend towards the ground to the cleat above and have had no problems over the years.

I had the same problem this year. then the fuse blew on the pump so could not get it done while out at sea. Would love to see pics of what you guys use to dump the boat while on land. JR2 I think I know what you are using but if your could post a pic that would be great.

Might have to give that a try... my problem is that my septic tank access is in the middle of my front yard and up hill from the boat. Think I am going to need a pump to get it done. Hoping to take it out once or twice more but if I can not I will have to figure something out.

Beetle can you send me a picture of your setup? I guess I could always go to the RV dump at the Holiday and dump it there...

JR2

That is one boating event that no one in my family has seen fit to take a picture of, imagine that. It really is as simple as it sounds. The rubber coupler fits snugly over the plastic thru-hull, snug up with a band clamp and your good to go with a bit of cord to dampen the fluid slugs the macerator is dishcharging. I just looked and it is a 2" rubber coupler hence 2" conduit. It would work as good at an rv dump as well.

I have used a 1" rubber garden hose (must be rubber to make good seal) cutting off one of the metal ends and stuffed it in the macerator discharge. It has always held a good seal and no leakage. You can now go to any RV Dump and pump off. You may have to use a different size hose, depending on your discharge fitting. Easy to use, easy clean up and only the cost of the garden hose. Mark the hose sewage so it does not get used for some thing else
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning