Thread: Four adult Black Bears Today, in the neighborhood.

Default Four adult Black Bears Today, in the neighborhood.

Found (4) Four Adult "Solo" Black Bears today. Strangely no Brown Bears today.

Why dont you harvest one??

Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    Why dont you harvest one??
    Not interested, I have done enough killing in my life. I enjoy watching them, but try not to kill anymore. We have way too many bears here, and I know there are young hunters for whom harvesting a nice bear would be a memorable experience.

Skydiver: I sent you a PM, but your mail box is full.

Where were these 10 days ago? I was all over looking for them!

The limits three per year here in 23, but I have no room in the freezer...........could ya shoo the big one my way? ~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

So where does a rookie (Alaska) hunter go to find these four bears? I am based here in Anchorage and have a lot of free time the next two weeks... A starting point would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    So where does a rookie (Alaska) hunter go to find these four bears? I am based here in Anchorage and have a lot of free time the next two weeks... A starting point would be great...
    Bears are everywhere. Repeating: Bears are everywhere. BUT......

Shoot-able bears are where you can see them......Look where you can see open areas. Upper hillsides, around the shore of bays and lakes. It is that simple. The only other factor is amount of time spent outdoors in a conducive environment. I suggest camping, hiking, biking in this and other conducive areas. Bear sightings are directly related to time spent in their living area. I spend a lot of time hiking on the upper Kenai Peninsula, so I see a lot of bears.

I'll be back down next month to try and get a bigger bear. What is the blueberry crop looking like down there?
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Bears are everywhere. Repeating: Bears are everywhere. BUT......

Shoot-able bears are where you can see them......Look where you can see open areas. Upper hillsides, around the shore of bays and lakes. It is that simple. The only other factor is amount of time spent outdoors in a conducive environment. I suggest camping, hiking, biking in this and other conducive areas. Bear sightings are directly related to time spent in their living area. I spend a lot of time hiking on the upper Kenai Peninsula, so I see a lot of bears.
    Totally agree with this, now getting to them, that is the real secret!